Werner K Engel

+41 32 315 11 55 Aebischerhaus, Dorfgasse 54
Twann, 2513
Switzerland View map

Before the Reformation in the early 16th Century were among the vineyards on Lake Biel, above all the clergy. The monasteries and Fraubrunnen Münchenbuchsee played a big role. Following the Reformation, these possessions secularized, that is transferred to state ownership. In this period there were no road along the shore of Lake Biel. The wine was with ships befördert.Im 17th Biel century, the stately mansions built on. The house, the family angel is now, was then owned by the family Steiger. In the "Knights' Hall reflects the arms of the climber, the black goat on a white background, which still today. With the French Revolution was the time of the wealthy patrician families from Berne to the end. Napoleon took a 1797 Bern. The rich families had after the war and in the role of the French high contributions to deliver the losers. This meant that the large houses were expensive and sold. Aebischer Rudolf bought in 1800 by the House of Steiger's real name, and remained until today founders, because Read more »

People getting updates on Werner K Engel Winery Wines

Be the first follower of this winery and on your profile.

Werner K Engel on Snooth




View larger map



Best Wine Deals

See More Deals

Recent Forum PostsView all


Werner K Engel wine ratings and reviews





Snooth Media Network