The “Weingut Strauss“ (the Strauss wine estate) started in 1810 under the name “Schopper”.
In 1948 Karl and Johanna Strauss took over the business, which their son Karl, who graduated
from the Fruit and Wine Growing College in Silberberg with great distinction, carried on.
The two sons Karl jun. and Gustav play an active and successful role in the business.
Karl jun. is a business graduate and is responsible for logistics and wine fairs. Gustav, having
studied at the agricultural college in Silberberg like his father, and now a master wine-grower,
is in charge of the vineyards and winery, a function he performs out with great flair and success.
– Description from