Total Area: 50 ha
Out of these 50 ha, 15 are dedicated to vineyards, and the remaining 35 are under lease for farming.
Our village, Hohenwarth, derives its name from Hohe Warte - high observation point - and refers to our fortified Romanesque church, which was built in the 11th century at 400 metres above sea level. As all of the neighbouring regions like Kamptal and Wagram are at a significantly lower sea level, Hohenwart's vineyards enjoy an exceptional microclimate.
Winemaking has a very long tradition in Hohenwarth and can be dated back to 1360 AD. Our winery was founded in 1705. Originally mainly used for farming - with only a few vineyards - we decided in 2001 to lease the area dedicated to farming, and to commit ourselves to winemaking only.
Our vineyards and those producing the grapes we buy from other vintners are located within a two-kilometre radius of our winery. The grapes we use enjoy exactly the same basic climate, although their characteristics are more pronounced in single vineyards. In Read more »