The House of Veuve A.Devaux was founded in 1846.
Created by brothers Jules and Auguste Devaux the brand was immediately successful and contributed to the worldwide reputation of Champagne wines. After them Madame Veuve Augusta Devaux a feisty "Champenoise", took over the company and ran it with energy and talent. At the end of the 19th century three-fourths of the production was exported. For a century the House of Devaux was located in Epernay and remained the property of the founding family for 5 generations.
The last of these and without an heir. Jean-Pol Auguste Devaux decided in 1987 to entrust the prestigious brand to the Union Auboise and its president Laurent Gillet.
Always ahead of fashion, the elegant and dynamic image of Devaux Champagne reflects the authentic and original character of its cuvees. The Devaux signature is now placed on every bottle, embodying this spirit.
– Description from