Founded in 1994 by Count Guy Tyrel de POIX, French wine producer (owner of 50 ha of vineyards in Corsica and heir of an old French noble family), S.E.R.V.E. was the first private owned wine company and has started its activity as a distributor of Romanian wines, bottled under its own brand: Vinul Cavalerului (Knight’s Wine).
S.E.R.V.E.’s main goal was, since the beginning, to promote Romanian wines on foreign markets and to change the image of these wines on the domestic market. The reality of the ’90s brought into discussion the lack of a constant supply of quality wines. Thus, the founder, Mr. Guy Tyrel de Poix, decided that the company’s strategy should consist of the following development stages:
- In 1995 - establishment of the cellar and first vinification
- In 1998 - starting viticulture
- Starting with 1999 - setting up new plantations on a regular basis
- In 2000 - setting up a new winery
- In 2000 - first Cuvée: blend of reds aged in new oak bariques for minimum 10 months
- Read more »