Schloss Halbturn

+43-2172-20162 Parkstraße 4
Halbturn, A-7131
Austria View map

SCHLOSS HALBTURN, the most important Baroque building in the Burgenland which once served as a hunting and summer residence for the Emperor. The birth of the Schloss Halbturn vineyard was in the Jois (Jungenberg). It was here that Count Poth established the first vineyards in the year 1214 by the purchase of 14 farms from the Hungarian Altenburg manor. In 1960, the first vineyard was planted by Baron Paul Waldbott-Bassenheim in an old estate called Wittmannshof at the side of Schloss Halbturn. In 2001 this traditional enterprise close to the Hungarian border was ambitiously restructured. On the initiative of Baroness Marietheres Waldbott-Bassenheim and under the management of Count Markus zu Kœnigsegg, the nephew of the owner’s family, no cost or effort was spared to make the Schloss Halbturn again one of the leading vineyards in the country. Altogether 100 acres of the 160 acres of the whole vineyard were cleared and replanted. In addition, the historic terraces on the Jungenberg were revitalised Read more »

We don't have a complete address for this winery. If you'd like to change the information for this winery please click the link above called "Add or edit winery information."

Google Maps was unable to find the listed address.



« Back to Schloss Halbturn Overview




Best Wine Deals

See More Deals »

Recent Forum PostsView all


Schloss Halbturn wine ratings and reviews






Snooth Media Network