On September 14th 1428, Guilhem de Siran took the feudal oath at the hands of the prior Sainte Croix de Bordeaux in their nearby Macau Church.
The property at times bore the name of Saint-Siran in honour of a holy Abbott originating from Burgundy, who after several pilgrimages to Rome came back to Gaulle and settled in Toulouse at the time of the Franc king, Clotaire II.
Later, by the end of the 17th century, the estate already produced a wine, which in the 18th century enjoyed a great reputation in the period when the Miailhe family benefited from a Royal concession and occupied the profession of broker.
In the 19th century, on 14 January 1859 to be precise, the chateau became the property of the same Miailhe family.
Their ancestor, Leo Barbier, bought the estate for 100 000 francs from the Count and Countess of Toulouse-Lautrec, the grandparents of the famous painter of paris night life Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec.
Subsequently, the family’s descendants followed one another in full respect of the Read more »