Our family has been involved with viticulture in the Wachau for many generations. The main building at Wösendorf No. 38, first documented in 1575, came into our possession in 1884. In 1904, the small agricultural farm was taken over by Johann Pichler; later, it was passed to Rudolf Pichler Sr., who in turn passed it on to his son, Rudolf Jr. Rudi III took over the reigns in 1997.
In 2004, along with the construction of the new cellars at Marienfeldweg 122, a working area designed to modern quality standards was created.
Currently, we operate 12.5 hectares of vineyards, with grapes from an additional 3 hectares utilized through contracts with other vintners. Grüner Veltliner represents 65% of our vineyards, with Riesling totaling 30%, and the remaining 5% made up of Weißburgunder (Pinot blanc) as well as other varieties. All of these are vinified in the Vinea Wachau quality categories of Steinfeder, Federspiel and Smaragd.
– Description from