The Quinta de Abrigada is situated just 30 miles north of Lisbon, at the foot of the Montejunto Hills.
The property was purchased in 1534 from Fernando Alvares Cabral, son of the discoverer of Brazil and has been in the same family since then.
The heraldic manor house has some clear Portuguese characteristic, although it has undergone several restorations and adaptations throughout the centuries. It represents different periods of Portuguese architecture especially the ones from the eighteenth century, like for example the main body rebuilt after the earthquake in 1755 and the chapel, richly covered with blue and white tiles from that time.
We have available Regional Estremadura Wines (red, white and rose) with little aok or unoaked and DOC Alenquer red wines, with barrel ageing.