The wine cellar takes its name after Mr Luis Villachica, person of fortune who bought various estates in Spain during the sale of Church lands between 1835-1837. The wine cellar is located in one of those estates in El Pago de San Andrés, in the village of Toro, Zamora.
The land went on to belong to his daughter Mrs Victoriana Villachica, who ordered the construction of a small palace there, after which the wine cellar was later named. She passed away without issue and the land was donated to the diocese of Zamora.
In the late eighties the land was purchased by Mr Ángel San Miguel de Pablos and in 1999 he began the construction of the wine cellar. The first wine was made in the year 2000.
The wine cellar is registered in the Toro's Origin Control Committee, an independent institutional organization which controls the quality of the grapes and wines elaborated in this region. Palacio de Villachica, near the village of Toro, Zamora, is located on the banks of the river Duero. Within it there are three Read more »