Château Poujeaux, known in the 16th century as "La Salle de Poujeaux", an outbuilding of the present Château Latour, was purchased by Mr Castaing in 1806, and subsequently divided into three in 1880.
In 1921, François Theil bought one third. All the vintages as from 1957 were signed Jean Theil, who succeeded in reuniting the three châteaux into a single winery, as it was before 1880. Since 1981, the estate has been run by three of his sons, Philippe, Jean-Pierre and François Theil. In March 1997, the seven children created the Société Anonyme Jean THEIL. Over the last 15 years, the production area has been increased by 10 hectares. Considerable investments have been made for the cellars, with temperature control, ageing in new oak barrels, and increasingly stringent selection of the harvest, driven by a constant concern for quality.
– Description from