Our 42 hectares vineyard is situated 24 Kilometers east of Saint-Emilion.
We acquired it late 1986. Before that the vineyard belonged
to the same family for the past 90 years and was already mentioned
in the 1864 Issue of “Le Guide Feret : Bordeaux et ses vins”
under the name of Chateau de Granges.
However it has to be mentioned that the vineyard was engaged
with a “Cooperative” from 1946 to 1989.
After the acquisition in 1986, the new owners, Nadine et Yves Picant
made during 3 years different trials of vinification to finally
decide to build a brand new winery ans start to produce their own wine in 1990.
The winery is totally equipped with stainless steel thermo-controlled vats and
a micro-oxygenation equipment for a total capacity of 3600 hectoliters
with an additional cellar of 700 barrels.
In 2007, in order to improve quality of its wines,
the Hostens-Picant Castle undertook a program of new plantations and complantations
to pass from 3.200 to 6.000 feet ha.
The vineyards are producing Read more »