The origins of the Domaine de Gléon estate can be traced back to ancient times. Evidence of this lies in the many Gallo-Roman and Visigoth remains (Gaufresenque pottery, pre-Romanesque chapel). For ten centuries the estate belonged to the Treille-Gléon-Durban-Narbonne family. Gléon castle guarded access to the High Corbières. It was besieged by the Spanish in 1503. The last Marquis of Gléon sold the estate to the ancestors of the current owners in 1861. Since then, the Gléon castle farm has been run by the Bonnes family, and latterly by the Montanié family, handed down from father to son. There have thus been six generations safeguarding the prosperity and quality of the castle's lands. The first "bottling" dates back to the end of the 19th century.
The Estate lies at the gateway to the High Corbières, in the canton of Durban, attached to the village of Villesèque des Corbières, at the entrance to what is known as Paradise Valley. It covers 303 ha/750 acres, including 50 ha/150 acres of vineyards Read more »