Château de Juliénas

+33 4 74 04 41 43 François et Thierry Condemine Château de Juliénas
JULIÉNAS, 69840
France View map

In the 13th century, on the site of today's castle stood a fortified house belonging to the lord of Beaujeu. In the 15th century it became the property of the dukes of Bourbon-Montpensier who neglected it. Consequently investigators sent by the dukes wrote in 1602 "your lord's castle is in ruins". The present north part was rebuilt in the late 16th. A medallion bears the date 1582 and the inscription "SPES MEA DEUS". Claude Janin bought this property. In the early 18th century he had the vat-room and the chapel (now disued) built on the west side and the living quarters to the east... Claude Janin's descendants kept the castle until 1907. In 1907 the property was bought by Claude Condemine who completely restored it. Four generations later, the estate is runing by François and his son Thierry. It now includes 35 hectares of vines producing Juliénas wine. The vines are all located around the Château and benefit from a good southern/south-eastern exposure on granitic soil. The grapes are hand Read more »

People getting updates on Château de Juliénas

Château de Juliénas on Snooth

1




View larger map



Best Wine Deals

See More Deals »

Recent Forum PostsView all


Château de Juliénas wine ratings and reviews






Snooth Media Network