Château Caronnes Ste. Gemme
St Laurent en Médoc, 33112
France View map
The vineyard was first reported in 1648 when a local landlord, Denis de Mullet of La Tour StLambert rented it to a farmer in exchange for the wines produced. Caronne is derived from "Carona" the name of a local spring source, and Gemme a corruption of "James". In the middle-ages the locality was a parish on the grounds of a subsidiary to the Templar Headquaters at nearby Benon a few kilometers inland. Pilgrims on their way to Saint Jacques de Compostelle, having crossed the estuary from Blaye, would rest here before continuing their way across the Landes to the Spanish Border. The Parish was abolished during the Revolution and it is about this time that the first records of wine production at Caronne appear. In 1900 ownership of Caronne passed to Emile and Eugène Borie. The sons of Eugène would later cede their shares to their uncle and purchase Ch. Batailley and later Ducru-Beaucaillou while Emile's descendents would remain the sole owners of Caronne until this Read more »
We don't have a complete address for this winery. If you'd like to change the information for this winery please click the link above called "Add or edit winery information."
Google Maps was unable to find the listed address.
Best Wine Deals
Trivento Malbec Reserve (2012)Wishlisted
Terrazas Altos del Plata Malbec (2011)Cellared
Shannon Ridge Wrangler Red (2012)Cellared
Radio Boca Tempranillo Spain (2012)Cellared
Radio Boca Tempranillo Spain (2009)Cellared
Article on Dry FarmingReplied
Campo Viejo Garnacha (2012)Cellared
Uppercut Sauvignon Blanc (2013)Wishlisted