The Bastor-Lamontagne Estate belonged in 1711 to the King of France, the succession in Guyenne to the king of England. On 16th July 1711 it was ceded to Vincent de Ia Montaigne, a counsellor at the Bordeaux parliament. On the map drawn up by Belleyme at the end of the 18th century, "BASTORE" represented at that time a large estate, which had already begun wine-growing, even if in general much of the estate’s activity was based on mixed farming.
The real wine-growing era began in the 19th century when the LARRIEU family, and in particular Amédée Larrieu, who was already the owner of Chateau Haut Brion in PESSAC, took over the estate.
To learn more about Château Bastor-Lamontagne, please visit our website http://www.bastor-lamontagne.com
– Description from