The House was founded in 1750 in the reign of Louis XV by Simon Verry. The Cellars are located in the Bastion de L’Oratoire, a look-out and defensive tower built at the end of the 15th century. In the XIX the Chanson Family took control and the company continued to expand under the leadership of Alexis Chanson.
The Chanson family already owned a large Domaine located across Beaune, Savigny les Beaune and Pernand Vergelesses which was added to the company’s assets, thus giving it a new dimension. Chanson survived the Phylloxera crisis and continued to increase the size of their holdings.
Visits by appiontment.
– Description from