Caves Orsat have been a part of the wine producing region in Valais since 1874, the year in which Alphonse Orsat founded the estate in Martigny. Alphonse Orsat worked hard to maintain and develop the well being of the vine-wine economy of the canton. Moreover he was a forerunner in several other fields such as establishing a contingency fund for his personnel, demonstrating rare modernism at that time.
In 1980 the Caves Orsat moved from the centre of town to the industrial area and in 1981 the new premises were opened.
The history of Orsat wines is closely linked to hundreds of wine makers, vine and wine enthusiasts who have been providing Orsat Wines with their harvests for decades. Caves Orsat also possess near to 30 hectares of vineyards.
To this day, several generations of wine growers have perpetuated family tradition established by Alphonse Orsat.
– Description from