In 1979, we discovered the Casina di Cornia farm. Lying on the south-western slopes of the Chianti hills lying between Florence and Siena, it gently looks over the Elsa Valley in the borough of Castellina in Chianti. Here, the beauty of the area and the quality of the land have acted as a backdrop to a centuries-old tradition of know-how connected with the land and its products. Already in 1100, a chapel dedicated to St Romolo is mentioned at Cornia in the parish of St Leonino, a sign that several families of sharecroppers were already active in the area.
The farm covers a total area of 24 hectares, 7 of which are set aside for the family-managed vineyards.
The deep clay-limestone earth gives full-bodied and tannin-enriched wines. Ever since we started in 1980, we have aimed at quality by selecting and planting choice Sangiovese clones which produce well-structured wines. The only fertiliser we use is manure; after careful study we have managed to totally eliminate copper as an anti-parasite; we use Read more »