Description 1 of 1

Cantine Due Palme is a social co-operative situated in CELLINO SAN MARCO (BR), between the provinces of Brindisi, Lecce and Taranto, in the middle of SALENTO wine producing area (APULIA REGION IN THE SOUTH OF ITALY). Established in 1989 by more than 850 members, growers of indigenous grape varieties: Negroamaro, Malvasia Nera, Susumaniello, Fiano and Primitivo. Other non-natives varieties are also produced: Sangiovese, Montepulciano, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, Black and Whiet Pinot, Chardonnay and Sauvignon. Black grapes represent 90% of the total production; the remaining 10% are white grapes. The production per year is around 20.000 tons of grapes with an average yield per hectare of 7/8 tons of grapes. The winery has a storage capacity of 200.000 hectolitres, 36.500 hl. horizontal rotating stainless steel and vertical tanks for grapes vinification. There are also 4 soft vacuum presses, 5 crushers, 2 refrigeration units of 1.100 fr/hour , 21 horizontal rotating vessels, 26 vertical thermoregulated vessels and an ultra-modern analysis laboratory. The offices are located in a new building of about 800 square metres. Catering facilities and a new tasting room are now incorporated in dis-used large vats 4 metres beneath the ground, creating an impressive feature. A second building has also been refurbished consisting of 3,600 square metres located on 2 levels. Storage and ageing facilities of 1,000 square metres are situated in cellars 5 metres below ground level. Adjacent to the cellars new conference facilities of 800 square metres are now available. The bottling and packaging facility is situated on the ground floor with adjacent warehouse for packaged stock. The new laboratory and technical facility is also located on this level. Over the last 3 years, Cantine Due Palme has merged with two large historic cellars, the Cantina Cooperativa Riforma Fondiaria, established in 1955 in Cellino San Marco and Cantina Sociale Angelini located in San Pietro Vernotico. Today Cantine Due Palme is one of the largest co-operatives in Southern Italy. Cantine Due Palme is a Company certified by BRC, IFS, ISO 9000, ISO 14001 and ISO 22000.

– Description from Mimi Kim

Back to top

« Back to Cantine Due Palme Overview

View larger map

Best Wine Deals

  • $19.99
    20% off
    Tedeschi Valpolicella Superiore Ripasso Capitel San Rocco
    Tedeschi Valpolicella Superiore Ripasso Capitel San Rocco 2011
  • $21.99
    20% off
    Stuhlmuller Vineyards Chardonnay Alexander Valley Estate Bottled
    Stuhlmuller Vineyards Chardonnay Alexander Valley Estate Bottled 2008
See More Deals

Recent Forum PostsView all

Cantine Due Palme wine ratings and reviews

Snooth Media Network