Berry Bros. & Rudd is Britain's oldest wine and spirit merchant, having traded from the same shop for over 300 years.
The business was officially established in 1698 by the Widow Bourne at 3 St James's Street in London, opposite St James's Palace. The company evolved from selling provisions, exotic spices, tea and coffee to, ultimately, fines wines and scotch whisky.
Berrys first supplied wine to the British Royal Family during the reign of King George III and has continued to do so to the present day. Our first Royal Warrant was awarded in 1903 by King Edward V11 and today we hold two Royal Warrants for H.M. The Queen and H.R.H. The Prince of Wales.
Despite Berrys' history and the continuation in the belief in traditional standards of service and quality, it is also extremely innovative. In 1994 it launched one of the first online wine shops, www.bbr.com, which is now regarded as Britain's leading wine website and has been awarded Website of the Year seven times in the last eight years at the Read more »