Beaulieu Vineyard

800-373-5896 1960 St. Helena Highway
Rutherford, CA 94573
United States View map

"Beau lieu" - A Beautiful Story about a Beautiful Place In 1900, when Georges de Latour's wife, Fernande, first laid eyes on the land that would become their original Rutherford vineyard, she named it "beau lieu," or "beautiful place." Shortly thereafter, de Latour sold his thriving cream of tartar business, bought the four-acre ranch and founded Beaulieu Vineyard with the vision of making Napa Valley wines that would rival those of his native France. De Latour quickly made a name for himself by importing Phylloxera-resistant rootstock from Europe to the recently-ravaged fledgling California wine industry. He also began selling wine to the Catholic Church, establishing a strong relationship that would allow Beaulieu Vineyard to become the only Napa Valley winery to remain in business during Prohibition. In fact, during Prohibition the winery increased its business. After the repeal in 1933, de Latour began searching for someone who could contribute European winemaking Read more »

We don't have a complete address for this winery. If you'd like to change the information for this winery please click the link above called "Add or edit winery information."

Google Maps was unable to find the listed address.



« Back to Beaulieu Vineyard Overview




Best Wine Deals

See More Deals »

Recent Forum PostsView all


Beaulieu Vineyard wine ratings and reviews






Snooth Media Network