- Show All (30)
Add a vintage
Winemaker's comments : Our 120 Carménère has an intense ruby red color with violet hues. Rich aromas of ripe, red fru...Read more...
Trader Joe's. Cheap. Leathery. not the best Carmenere out there. Read more
from [URL=http://2daysperbottle.blogspot.com]2 Days per Bottle[/URL].Night OneThe nose has some chocolate, some Slim Jim, loads of green- tomato le... Read more
Dark purple color. Briary nose with a touch of vanilla. Berries, earthy mushrooms, cigar box palate. Short to medium finish, peppery with vanilla a... Read more
Food Pairings for Viña Santa Rita Merlot Rapel Valley 120
Trader Joe's. Cheap. Leathery. not the best Carmenere out there.
from [URL=http://2daysperbottle.blogspot.com]2 Days per Bottle[/URL].Night OneThe nose has some chocolate, some Slim Jim, loads of green- tomato leaves and green bell pepper. Smoked meat, blackberries and green flavors of arugula and tobacco leaves. Not much of a mid-palate. Finish is short. After an hour or two more fruit is evident on the nose, mostly blueberry and some blackberry. Night TwoThe nose has green peppers, creosote and cherries. The palate, well, let's just say "not good."
Dark purple color. Briary nose with a touch of vanilla. Berries, earthy mushrooms, cigar box palate. Short to medium finish, peppery with vanilla aftertaste. An extraordinary bargain for a drinkable table wine at $5.98.
color-pale gold nose-citrus, minerals, and cream mouth-bitter lemon, pineapple, more mineral finish-medium buy it drink it
Tannic, fairly acidic. Big. Ager? Dirt, pepper.
Smooth drinking red with berry and earthy tones
Excellent value. Great bang for buck.
External Reviews for Viña Santa Rita Merlot Rapel Valley 120
Wine Spectator ReviewRated 91Broad-shouldered, with lots of tobacco, currant paste and loam notes backed by a muscular structure. The dark, dense finish shows hints of cedar and roasted vanilla. Lots of Pauillac-like grip. Drink now through 2014.Wine Enthusiast ReviewRated 90In the 2005 vintage, Medalla Real again ranks as one of Chiles most elevated under- $20 wines (after a few less impressive years). The nose veers between herbal and ripe, while the palate shows nothing but pure cassis, cherry and Maipo terroir. Its tight, structured and still ready to drink. Juicy more than beefy; a real treat.Wine Tasting NotesLustrous ruby red. Ripe red and black fruit aromas mingle with leather and spice, exquisitely balanced by wood notes evoking vanilla and toast. Supple tannins and a majestic structure conclude in a complex and persistent finish.
Dark fruits, baking spices, and soft tannins make this the perfect wine for cold-weather comfort food. This is ready to drink tonight, and won't disappoint your guests.
Brilliant ruby red colour. An intense bouquet developed through a combination of mature red fruits and plums and vanilla tones with a fine toast from the barrels. Medium body, a fine structure and a nice ending characterise this wine
Winemaker's comments : Our 120 Carménère has an intense ruby red color with violet hues. Rich aromas of ripe, red fruit and fragrant spices dominate the bouquet. On the palate, it is a fresh, light bodied and elegant wine with a commanding, fruity flavor rounded out by soft tannins that give way to a pleasant and lingering finish. Always an outstanding choice. Winemaker : Cecilia Torres Variety: 100% Carménere Region : Rapel Valley Climate & Soil : Semi-humid Mediterranean climate, with rains concentrated in winter and an annual average rainfall of 700mm. During the summer, south and southwest winds cause high thermal oscillations with low temperatures at night. Alluvial origin soils, stratified and gently sloped, of medium depth, loamy texture and basic pH. Vinification : 30% of the grapes went through a cold pre-fermentation maceration; the remaining 70% were partially crushed and fermented between 23°Cand 26°C with selected yeasts. A combination of vinification techniques (time of skin contact) with a strict temperature control was used for this style of wine. 20% of the wine was aged in American or French oak barrels previously used for 2 or 3 times,during a 6 month period. The rest was kept in stainless steel vats until it was blended and prepared for bottling. Given the variety's tannin quality, no fining treatment was performed on this wine. Suggested Food : Lamb, ripe cheeses, pastas a la Bolognese, chicken and stews. Technical Details : pH: 3.75 acidity: 5.0 g/l (tartaric acid) alcohol: 14.2 % vol residual sugar: 2.4 g/l
Best Wine Deals
Earle Estates Meadery Mead Honey Mead TraditionalRated
Earle Estates Meadery TwinkleRated
Dr. Konstantin Frank Dry Riesling (2013)Rated
Atwater Estate Vineyards CelciusRated
Syrah Offline 7/19/14 Sonoma County - OP Updated 7/12/14Replied
Dr. Konstantin Frank Lemberger (2011)Reviewed
Dr. Konstantin Frank Chardonnay Reserve (2011)Cellared
Burlotto Barolo (2010)Reviewed
Sordo Barolo Monvigliero (2010)Reviewed
Sordo Barolo Rocche di Castiglione (2010)Reviewed