Vergelegen Chardonnay Stellenbosch 2009

Previously available for: $21.03
0 5 0.5
Add
1 review
+My Wines

My Wines

Save in My Wines

Add to Wishlist

My Cellar

List It
Edit

Winemaker's Notes:

The grapes were sourced from Vergelegen’s premium vineyards located on South/South West facing slopes. The soils are ...

Read more...
  • There are currently no submitted critic scores.
  • + Wine critic

    Submit a Critic Score

    Score:

    Name of Critic:

    Close

Chardonnay 2009 - Vergelegen : Chardonnay 2009 - Weißwein von VergelegenIn zartes Grün-Gold gehüllt erfreut der Chardonnay 2009 von Vergelegen d... Read more

Set your rating:
Save

Examples: Value Wine, Would Recommend, For the Cellar, Etc...
Suggested Recipe Pairing presented by
Coconut Rice Sweet Potato Cheesecake

RiceSelect's creamy Arborio gets blended with sweet potato, coconut milk and vanilla to create this decadent cheesecake. Pairs well with Saunternes; a white dessert wine that has hints of coconut from aging in oak barrels.

View Recipe


User Reviews for Vergelegen Chardonnay Stellenbosch

External Reviews for Vergelegen Chardonnay Stellenbosch

External Review
Source: ONLINEWEINKELLER.de
02/08/2011

Chardonnay 2009 - Vergelegen : Chardonnay 2009 - Weißwein von VergelegenIn zartes Grün-Gold gehüllt erfreut der Chardonnay 2009 von Vergelegen das Auge. Leicht rauchige Noten harmonieren wunderbar mit fruchtig-intensiven Aromen von reifen Früchten und Zitronen. Der Weißwein beeindruckt mit seiner perfekten Balance von eleganter Frucht und gut eingebauten Holznoten.Er trinkt sich besonders gut zu gegrilltem Fisch, Austern und zu gegrilltem Geflügel.Weingut: VergelegenLand: SüdafrikaRegion: StellenboschRebsorte: 100% ChardonnayInhalt: 0,75 lAlkoholgehalt: 13,91 Vol.%Säuregehalt: 6,5 g/lRestsüße: 2,3 g/lFassreife: in Barriques gereift (10 Monate) Lagerfähgikeit: 2-4 Jahre ab JahrgangEmpfohlene Serviertemperatur: 8-12°CAuszeichnungen für den Chardonnay von Vergelegen:4 Platter Stars (Jg. 2007) Stellenbosch


Winemaker's Notes:

The grapes were sourced from Vergelegen’s premium vineyards located on South/South West facing slopes. The soils are Helderberg granite or Clovelly. Rootstock used is R 110 - which is very suitable for dry-land conditions. As a result of cool conditions and wind, yields were extremely low at 4.5 tons/ha. No skin contact is employed. The majority of the grapes were whole bunch pressed. 40% of the wine was barrel fermented and matured on the lees for 10 months. The remainder (60%) was fermented in stainless steel tanks. Pale green-gold colour with intensely focused flavours showing citrus, biscuits, toast and ripe fruits. The palate is long and elegant with excellent fruit / wood integration.

The grapes were sourced from Vergelegen’s premium vineyards located on South/South West facing slopes. The soils are Helderberg granite or Clovelly. Rootstock used is R 110 - which is very suitable for dry-land conditions. As a result of cool conditions and wind, yields were extremely low at 4.5 tons/ha. No skin contact is employed. The majority of the grapes were whole bunch pressed. 40% of the wine was barrel fermented and matured on the lees for 10 months. The remainder (60%) was fermented in stainless steel tanks. Pale green-gold colour with intensely focused flavours showing citrus, biscuits, toast and ripe fruits. The palate is long and elegant with excellent fruit / wood integration.

Photos

+ Add Image

Recipe Downloader

RiceSelect

Best Wine Deals

  • $22.98
    23%off
    Jack Daniels Whiskey Sour Mash Old No. 7 Black Label
    Jack Daniels Whiskey Sour Mash Old No. 7 Black Label NV
  • $19.29
    20%off
    Mount Eden Vineyards Chardonnay Monterey County Arroyo Seco
    Mount Eden Vineyards Chardonnay Monterey County Arroyo Seco 2007
See More Deals »

Chardonnay Top Lists








Snooth Media Network