Venus la Universal Montsant Dido 2006

Winemaker's Notes:

wine-making process This wine is made from the grapes grown in our young vineyard: Grenache (50%), Cabernet (15%), and Merlot (35%). 60% of the wine is aged for nine months in French oak barrels, formerly used for 3 and 4 wines. The remaining 40% is aged in cement tanks in order to stress its fruitiness. Vinification takes 8 - 12 days, constantly pumping the wine over and airing it at a temperature of 32ºC in the first days and, in the last days, it is pumped over a couple of times at 27ºC avoiding to crush the cap to prevent the polyphenols of the young grapes from being released. This way only the fruit and quality tannins remain. A kind wine, made to have a good time, which needs to be treated as a great wine (please, decant it !!) For us Dido is a pleasant wine, created to have a good time with, to get familiar with the expression of Montsant wines but it needs to be treated as a great wine (please, decant!)

  • + My Wines

    My Wines

    Save in My Wines

    Add to Wishlist

    My Cellar

  • + List It
  • + Critic Score

    Submit a Critic Score

    Score:

    Name of Critic:

    Close
0 5 0.5
Average Rating Rate It Add
Venus La Universal:
“La Universal” is a 4-hectare property located in the township of Falset (D.O. Montsant). The soil is granite (“sauló”): acid and quite poor in organic matter. Because our vineyard is still quite young, we buy Carinena from five vine growers in the same area: Five vineyards of old Carinena, aged between 50 and 80 years (soil types: 1 sauló, 2 licorella, and 2 lime-clay) One 9-year-old vineyard ... Read more
“La Universal” is a 4-hectare property located in the township of Falset (D.O. Montsant). The soil is granite (“sauló”): acid and quite poor in organic matter. Because our vineyard is still quite young, we buy Carinena from five vine growers in the same area: Five vineyards of old Carinena, aged between 50 and 80 years (soil types: 1 sauló, 2 licorella, and 2 lime-clay) One 9-year-old vineyard of Syrah (soil type: “sauló”) Both our vineyards and those of the vine growers who participate in this project are organically worked. Fermentation is done with unselected yeasts so as to contribute to the aromatic and structural variety of the wine and respect the expression of the terroir. Read less

wine-making process This wine is made from the grapes grown in our young vineyard: Grenache (50%), Cabernet (15%), and Merlot (35%). 60% of the wine is aged for nine months in French oak barrels, formerly used for 3 and 4 wines. The remaining 40% is aged in cement tanks in order to stress its fruitiness. Vinification takes 8 - 12 days, constantly pumping the wine over and airing it at a temperature of 32ºC in the first days and, in the last days, it is pumped over a couple of times at 27ºC avoiding to crush the cap to prevent the polyphenols of the young grapes from being released. This way only the fruit and quality tannins remain. A kind wine, made to have a good time, which needs to be treated as a great wine (please, decant it !!) For us Dido is a pleasant wine, created to have a good time with, to get familiar with the expression of Montsant wines but it needs to be treated as a great wine (please, decant!)

Best Wine Deals

See More Deals »







Snooth Media Network