Treana White Rhone Blend Central Coast White Mer Soleil Vineyard 2008

Avg Price: $18.69
3.36 5 0.5
Add
12 reviews
+My Wines

My Wines

Save in My Wines

Add to Wishlist

My Cellar

List It
Edit

Tasting Notes:

The 2008 Treana White's color is reminiscent of the golden hillsides of the California Central Coast at harvest time....

Read more...
  • There are currently no submitted critic scores.
  • + Wine critic

    Submit a Critic Score

    Score:

    Name of Critic:

    Close

Very Delicious Read more

Sampled this wine at a wine tasting at the Ridge Tahoe in Stateline, NV. This one divided the wine tasters, some of them thinking it odd or too sw... Read more

i originally wrote my review on the 2007, but i have the 2008. this wine has a nice hint of almond, which blends well with the white fruits of the... Read more

Set your rating:
Save

Examples: Value Wine, Would Recommend, For the Cellar, Etc...
Suggested Recipe Pairing presented by
Layered Rice Pudding

RiceSelect's fragrant Jasmati® is blended with eggs, milk and fall's favorite spices, cinnamon and nutmeg, to create a delicious rice pudding, which is layered on top of fluffy cream cheese and abuttery pecan crust. Pairs well with a bold, tawny port with flavors of dried fruits, nuts, and spices.

View Recipe


User Reviews for Treana White Rhone Blend Central Coast White Mer Soleil Vineyard

Add your review
Snooth User: ledavis4
851301479
3.00 5
06/18/2012

Very Delicious


Snooth User: Eco13
620375124
4.00 5
07/08/2011

Sampled this wine at a wine tasting at the Ridge Tahoe in Stateline, NV. This one divided the wine tasters, some of them thinking it odd or too sweet and the others liking it a lot. I fell in with the latter. I am far from a wine connoisseur but I've never had a wine quite like this. I found it intriguing. The wine was very smooth yet still complex both in taste and bouquet. In fact, I wasn't sure how to pair this wine, but I had the good fortune of sitting next to some independent wine makers and they suggested pork dishes. I'll have to try that.


Snooth User: wineydoc
64781397
4.00 5
11/26/2010

i originally wrote my review on the 2007, but i have the 2008. this wine has a nice hint of almond, which blends well with the white fruits of the viognier. it's very smooth, easy to drink


Snooth User: Warrior58d
99161144
4.00 5
12/25/2011

Had this with the Christmas ham. Due to the glaze and the saltiness it seemed to take on a little bite but by it self before and after dinner it was fruity and delicious. I am going to they it again with some non fatty fish later. As a straight wine or possibly a desert wine this bottle has great potential.


Snooth User: bvasquez
81348127
4.00 5
06/19/2011

Crisp and clean, medium body, Chardonnay like


External Reviews for Treana White Rhone Blend Central Coast White Mer Soleil Vineyard

External Review
01/03/2012

From the northernmost vineyard in the Santa Lucia Highlands, this Rhocirc;ne white is a fantastically interesting wine. Complex and compelling, with brilliant fruit flavors spanning the range from apricots and limes to peaches and guava. All this juicy flavor is boosted by bright and beautiful acidity. A blend of 61% Viognier and 39% Marsanne.


External Review
09/27/2011

Very fragrant, with rose petal, honeysuckle and mustard notes on a light frame, with spicy overtones to the dried apricot and citrus peel flavors. Drink now.


External Review
12/08/2010

This wine displays the elegant varietal characteristics of Viognier and Marsanne. Vibrant floral aromas of citrus blossom and jasmine are followed by ripe stone fruit flavors, hints of pear, pineapple and honey overtones.Solid minerality lends complexity and structure. The mouth-feel is full, while bright acidity cleanses the palate and offers ease and versatility for food pairing.A wine of excellent balance and complexity, the Treana will age beautifully over the next decade.


External Review
11/14/2011

Treana White is a blend of 55% Viognier and 45% Marsanne. These two varieties, indigenous to the Rhone Valley in France, flourish in California's Central California white Rhone blends with the release of the 1996 Treana White. The majority of the fruit in this blend is from Santa Lucia Highlands, which benefits from the cooling breezes coming off of Monterey Bay. The 2008 Treana White's color is reminiscent of the golden hillsides of the California Central Coast at harvest time. A beautiful bouquet of peaches and lime is bolstrered by aromatic notes of honeysuckle. Full in body and rich in flavor, the wine invigorates the palate with dried apricot, pineapple, subtle citrus flaovrs and notes of honey, which continue through a long finish.


Ratings & Tags for Treana White Rhone Blend Central Coast White Mer Soleil Vineyard

rated this wine
2.50 5
05/09/2012

855130 Snooth User: jiniaj
rated this wine
4.00 5
06/07/2011

739429 Snooth User: robin99
rated this wine
4.00 5
03/25/2011

Winemaker's Notes:

After whole-cluster pressing, the juice was cooled to 35* F to allow the solids to settle. 75% of the juice was transferred to French oak barrels (both new and used) for fermentation. The wine was then aged on its lees for nine months. The remaining 25% was fermented and aged in stainless steel on its lees. These wines were blended two months prior to bottling.

Tasting Notes:

The 2008 Treana White's color is reminiscent of the golden hillsides of the California Central Coast at harvest time. A beautiful bouquet of peaches and lime is bolstered by aromatic notes of honeysuckle. Full in body and rich in flavor, the wine invigorates the palate with dried apricot, pineapple, subtle citrus flavors and notes of honey, which continue through a long finish. The 2008 Treana White will age beautifully over the next decade.

After whole-cluster pressing, the juice was cooled to 35* F to allow the solids to settle. 75% of the juice was transferred to French oak barrels (both new and used) for fermentation. The wine was then aged on its lees for nine months. The remaining 25% was fermented and aged in stainless steel on its lees. These wines were blended two months prior to bottling.

Photos

+ Add Image

1 2 3 4 5

9620 six-bottle cases produced.


Best Wine Deals

See More Deals »







Snooth Media Network