+ Add Critic Score

Submit a Critic Score

Score:

Name of Critic:

Close

Sancerre Rose Serge Laloue 2009

Winemaker's Notes:

The Domaine Serge Laloue estate was founded in the early 1930s by François and Simone Laloue who were farmers of cereals, vines, tobacco and livestock.In 1960, their son Serge came to work on the farm and focused on viticulture. He began by working his parents’ small vineyard and then, on his own, he expanded the estate which now totals approximately twenty hectares of vines. Located 200 km from Paris, the 2,800 hectares of Sancerre’s vineyards stretch across the upper and middle parts of the surrounding hills. 75% of these vineyards produce white Sancerre (Sauvignon Blanc) and the remaining 25% produce red and rosé Sancerre (Pinot Noir). Domaine Serge Laloue wines are made from a blend of grapes from three different terroirs: Siliceous clay soils located at the tops of the slopes, "caillottes" (little stones), that are very stony and calcareous located at mid-slope, and sandy clay terroirs that are rich in iron, and located at the bottom of the slopes. The variation of terroirs allows for a beautiful variation of flavours and aromas. Domaine Serge Laloue Sancerre is a lovely pale salmon colour, with good weight of fruit on the palate and a wonderful freshness . It has a delightfully balanced and lingering finish. This is a very elegant style of Rose from the Loire made from Pinot Noir, and can be enjoyed with Salmon fillet, fresh garden vegetables, and pannacotta.

Region: France » Loire » Sancerre

Vintages


+ Vintage
Color: Red
Varietal: Pinot Noir
  • + My Wines

    My Wines

    Save in My Wines

    Add to Wishlist

    My Cellar

  • List It
  • Add Review
0 5 0.5
Average Rating Rate It Add

The Domaine Serge Laloue estate was founded in the early 1930s by François and Simone Laloue who were farmers of cereals, vines, tobacco and livestock.In 1960, their son Serge came to work on the farm and focused on viticulture. He began by working his parents’ small vineyard and then, on his own, he expanded the estate which now totals approximately twenty hectares of vines. Located 200 km from Paris, the 2,800 hectares of Sancerre’s vineyards stretch across the upper and middle parts of the surrounding hills. 75% of these vineyards produce white Sancerre (Sauvignon Blanc) and the remaining 25% produce red and rosé Sancerre (Pinot Noir). Domaine Serge Laloue wines are made from a blend of grapes from three different terroirs: Siliceous clay soils located at the tops of the slopes, "caillottes" (little stones), that are very stony and calcareous located at mid-slope, and sandy clay terroirs that are rich in iron, and located at the bottom of the slopes. The variation of terroirs allows for a beautiful variation of flavours and aromas. Domaine Serge Laloue Sancerre is a lovely pale salmon colour, with good weight of fruit on the palate and a wonderful freshness . It has a delightfully balanced and lingering finish. This is a very elegant style of Rose from the Loire made from Pinot Noir, and can be enjoyed with Salmon fillet, fresh garden vegetables, and pannacotta.

Photos

+ Add Image

Best Wine Deals

See More Deals

Pinot Noir Top Lists







Snooth Media Network