The vibrant, crisp Ruby Grapefruit from the Lake County combines with the exotic citrus tones of Mandarin and Blood O...Read more...
Middle East Rice Tabbouleh featuring RiceSelect™ Texmati® Light Brown Rice
Texmati® Light Brown Rice is a quick-cooking, all-natural rice that brings out the vibrancy of Middle Eastern dishes, especially when paired with Sauvignon Blanc Wines
Food Pairings for R & B Cellars Sauvignon Blanc North Coast Serenade In Blanc
In order to create a wine with richness and complexity yet still fruit driven and varietally accurate, we blended 2007 Lake County Sauvignon Blanc that was fermented in stainless steel with 2007 Mendocino Sauvignon Blanc that was barrel fermented. The combination of these two areas yielded a wine with exceptional varietal character and flavor. The oak program on the two wines was very different. The Lake County Sauvignon Blanc was completely tank fermented to maintain crisp citrus tones. The Mendocino lot received 80% neutral oak to add structure, complexity and creaminess. The wine was gently cross flow filtered, making the wine eminently drinkable upon release.
The vibrant, crisp Ruby Grapefruit from the Lake County combines with the exotic citrus tones of Mandarin and Blood Oranges from the Mednocino County fruit. The resulting wine is complex yet elegant. The marriage of flavors is like a tropical fruit tart with good acidity and fleshy citrus flavors all over a layer of "creme patissiere." The combination of vineyards and appellations also brings out a wonderful mineral character typical of Sancerre from France. The combination of the tank fermented wine with the barrel fermented wine maintains a great balance in both the nose and mouth between the crisp, exotic tropical citrus fruit and the creamy character of the barrel fermented wines. This is my favorite style of Sauvignon Blanc. You can sip it by itself or match it with a myriad of lighter fare.
2600 cases produced.
Aged in Steel.
Notes: 80% of the wine (all from Lake County) fermented in stainless steel; the remaining 20% from Mendocino County was fermented in neutral American oak.
Best Wine Deals
Sauvignon Blanc Top Lists
Fikardos Winery Paphos Ayia Irini Xynisteri Semillon (2012)Wishlisted
La Serena BrunelloScanned
Secret Santa 2013 for wine. The Reveal! The Guesses! So are we ready to find out how close we were?Replied
Pomegranate Semi-Sweet KosherWishlisted
Accidental Wine EntusiastReplied
Kathryn Hall Cabernet Sauvignon Sacrashe VineyardScanned
Cigar Zin (2011)Cellared
J. Garcia Chardonnay North Coast Clos du Bois (2006)Cellared
Tablas Creek Vermentino Paso Robles (2012)Cellared
Clos du Bois Chardonnay Alexander Valley Reserve (2007)Cellared