Pierre Usseglio Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee de Mon Aieul Proprietary Blend Wine 2010

External Review by JJ Buckley Fine Wines:

A bold ripe almost heady style with thickly layered blueberry fig and boysenberry fruit laced with mouthwatering spice and melted black licorice followed by a long fruitcake-filled finish. This has the stuffing and grip for cellaring but ultimately for fans of the more bombastic style. Best from 2014 through 2030. -J.M. Wine Spectator.

Add winemaker's notes
  • + My Wines

    My Wines

    Save in My Wines

    Add to Wishlist

    My Cellar

  • + List It
  • + Critic Score

    Submit a Critic Score

    Score:

    Name of Critic:

    Close
0 5 0.5
Average Rating Rate It Add

External Reviews for Pierre Usseglio Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee de Mon Aieul Proprietary Blend Wine

External Review
Source: JJ Buckley Fine Wines
07/24/2014

A bold ripe almost heady style with thickly layered blueberry fig and boysenberry fruit laced with mouthwatering spice and melted black licorice followed by a long fruitcake-filled finish. This has the stuffing and grip for cellaring but ultimately for fans of the more bombastic style. Best from 2014 through 2030. -J.M. Wine Spectator.


External Review
Source: JJ Buckley Fine Wines
07/24/2014

Inky ruby. Red and dark berries on the highly perfumed floral-accented nose. Lush but energetic offering intense black raspberry and lavender pastille flavors and showing strong spicy cut. Fine-grained tannins give shape to a strikingly long sappy finish. Superbly energetic and rich. Stephen Tanzers IWC.


External Review
Source: JJ Buckley Fine Wines
07/24/2014

The 2010 Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee de Mon Aieul (cropped at 12-16 hectoliters per hectare) comes from the estate s finest vineyards in the southern part of the appellation (Les Grandes Serres) the eastern sector (the famed La Crau) and the northern sector (Guigasse). The wine is aged primarily in stainless steel tanks with a small percent (less than 20%) kept in 600-liter demi-muids. Despite the 16.5% natural alcohol there is not a trace of heat in this wine. It is stunningly concentrated with


External Review
Source: JJ Buckley Fine Wines
Vintage: 2009 06/20/2014

Full ruby. Intense black raspberry and mulberry aromas are complicated by suggestions of Asian spices licorice and musky herbs. Bright and sappy on the palate with a seamless texture to the spice-accented red and dark berry compote flavors. Notes of lavender and allspice carry through the long juicy nicely focused finish. I suspect that this wine will drink well on the young side. Stephen Tanzers IWC.


External Review
Source: JJ Buckley Fine Wines
Vintage: 2009 06/20/2014

Quite ripe with layers of linzer torte cassis and blackberry fruit piled on top of well-rounded tannins. Loads of spice and licorice ripple through the finish with an underlying iron hint. Shows the focus and polish of the vintage. Best from 2012 through 2020. 1 000 cases made. -JM Wine Spectator.


External Review
Source: JJ Buckley Fine Wines
Vintage: 2009 11/14/2013

The dark ruby/plum 2009 Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee Mon Aieul (in most years a blend of 95 to nearly 100% Grenache aged 90% in cement tanks and the remaining 10% in demi-muids) is seductive and concentrated with loads of plum fig blueberry and bouquet garni notes. With its lush heady mouthfeel full body real opulence and silkiness and some spice this wine is on a relatively fast evolutionary track and probably best drunk in its first 10-15 years of life. 92+ Robert Parkers Wine Advocate.


External Review
Source: JJ Buckley Fine Wines
Vintage: 2003 11/14/2013

Really silky for an 03 with gorgeous raspberry ganache and cassis fruit that glides atop grilled herb mineral and tar flavors. Long authoritative finish shows lots of grip and fruit. A powerful yet racy wine. This really rocks. Drink now through 2025. 1 000 cases made. -JM Wine Spectator.


1 2



Best Wine Deals

See More Deals »







Snooth Media Network