Montes Chardonnay Alpha 2006

Avg Price: $20.99
PVA Winner
3 5 0.5
Add
6 reviews
+My Wines

My Wines

Save in My Wines

Add to Wishlist

My Cellar

List It
Edit

Winemaker's Notes:

70% of this wine was barrel fermented and aged in French oak for 12 months and the other 30% was fermented in Stainle...

Read more...
  • WS: 90

    Wine Spectator Score

    90

    Close
  • SN: 88

    Snooth Editorial Score

    88

    Close
  • + Wine critic

    Submit a Critic Score

    Score:

    Name of Critic:

    Close
White Horse Wine and Spirits
Absecon, NJ (2,500 mi)
USD 20.99
750ml
Buy Now

From a small typical restaurant white wine glass - Lightly oaky on the nose with a typically citrus/sweet chardonnay expression of fruit. There are... Read more

Beautiful Chardonnay character comes through in this Chilean white that can compete with a California Chard any day. You'll find tropical fruit and... Read more

Pretty pear, apple and piecrust notes on a creamy frame. Judicious toast on the finish lets the minerality come through. Nice length. Drink now. 15... Read more

Set your rating:
Save

Examples: Value Wine, Would Recommend, For the Cellar, Etc...

All Prices

Shipping to:

Editorial Reviews for Montes Chardonnay Alpha

Snooth User: Gregory Dal Piaz
89065184,303
3.00 5
01/27/2009

From a small typical restaurant white wine glass - Lightly oaky on the nose with a typically citrus/sweet chardonnay expression of fruit. There are notes of smoke, chalk and graham cracker that add interest but are rather aggressive. Big and rich in the mouth but a bit thick across the palate finishing with good green fruits. From Bottega del Vino's Chardonnay stem - more expressive oak tones reveal layered vanilla, light toast and hazelnut butter tones. The fruit here is more tropical with a custard edge and a nice blend of spiced, roasted pears and sauteed pineapple. In the mouth this is soft and expansive with a broad, elegant mouthfeel and better cut than from the smaller glass. The flavors are much the same though this is perhaps more citrus and tropical toned with a long pineapple syrup note on the finish. A definite improvement aromatically and texturally when using the Bottega del Vino stem. 88pts

User Tags:

Sunfest 2009

User Reviews for Montes Chardonnay Alpha

External Reviews for Montes Chardonnay Alpha

External Review
Source: Astor Wines & Spirits
04/24/2009

Beautiful Chardonnay character comes through in this Chilean white that can compete with a California Chard any day. You'll find tropical fruit and butterscotch on the palate and a long, round finish.


External Review
Source: CityWineCellar.com
10/16/2009

Pretty pear, apple and piecrust notes on a creamy frame. Judicious toast on the finish lets the minerality come through. Nice length. Drink now. 15,000 cases made.


External Review
Source: ONLINEWEINKELLER.de
02/25/2010

Montes Alpha Chardonnay 2006: empf. Trinktemperatur 8-10°C, in Barriques gereift (12 Monate), lagerfähig 4 - 5 Jahre ab Jahrgang,Jahrgang: 2006Inhalt: 0,75 LRegion: Curicó-Lontué-ValleyWeingut: MontesRebsorte: 100% ChardonnayRestzucker: 3 g/LiterRestsäure: 6 g/LiterAlkoholgehalt: 0.14 Weißwein


External Review
Source: Morrell & Company
08/27/2009

A ripe, showy style, with pear, fig and melon notes backed by alluring toast. Lively acidity keeps this honest through the lengthy, butter-tinged finish. Drink now.


External Review
Source: We Speak Wine
04/15/2010

WS: 90 Points RP: 90 Points


Winemaker's Notes:

70% of this wine was barrel fermented and aged in French oak for 12 months and the other 30% was fermented in Stainless Steel tanks. 30% of the wine undergoes malolactic fermentation. The grapes were sourced from the Casablanca Valley. The wine remains in its original cask for one year using a monthly batonage to enhance buttery flavours and complexity which emphasizes the union of refined flavors of tropical fruit and aromas. This is a strong fruity wine with beautiful Chardonnay character. Evident banana, pineapple, and tropical fruits in the upfront with a well-integrated oak that helps add elegance without covering the fruit. The Malolactic fermentation makes a full wine in the mid palate with long and pleasant finish and nice buttery after taste. Nice balanced between fruit and oak.

70% of this wine was barrel fermented and aged in French oak for 12 months and the other 30% was fermented in Stainless Steel tanks. 30% of the wine undergoes malolactic fermentation. The grapes were sourced from the Casablanca Valley. The wine remains in its original cask for one year using a monthly batonage to enhance buttery flavours and complexity which emphasizes the union of refined flavors of tropical fruit and aromas. This is a strong fruity wine with beautiful Chardonnay character. Evident banana, pineapple, and tropical fruits in the upfront with a well-integrated oak that helps add elegance without covering the fruit. The Malolactic fermentation makes a full wine in the mid palate with long and pleasant finish and nice buttery after taste. Nice balanced between fruit and oak.

Photos

+ Add Image

Best Wine Deals

See More Deals »

Chardonnay Top Lists








Snooth Media Network