+ Add Critic Score

Submit a Critic Score

Score:

Name of Critic:

Close

Les Pagodes de Cos 2016

Winemaker's Notes:

93-95 Points, Wine Enthusiast: "The tannins are really deceptive in this wine. It is sumptuous and elegant at the same time. The black currant fruit and acidity are a foil for the powerful tannic structure. Balanced and rich in fruit, it is ready for some serious, but not too long, aging." 4/17 93-94 Points, James Suckling: "The brightness and focus to this second wine of Cos are certainly impressive. You can see the quality. Full body, a tight and focused palate and beautiful fruit and density. Ultra-fine tannins. Gorgeous. Sophisticated." 4/17 92 Points, Decanter: "This is a serious wine representing 55% of the overall production, with the other 45% in Cos ('not one drop into a third wine or bulk' says director Aymeric de Gironde). Extremely dark black cassis fruits and graphite show the power of St-Estèphe clays. Fresh, bright and well structured (3.61pH, 65IPT), this is bristling with fruit and silky tannins, and may even close down for a few years. A blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 46.5% Merlot, 3% Petit Verdot and 0.6% Cabernet Franc from vines averaging 35 years old, aged in 30% new oak." 4/17 Antonio Galloni, Vinous: "An attractive second wine, the 2016 Les Pagodes de Cos is built on finesse and nuance rather than power. Silky and gracious from the outset, the Pagodes is quite expressive today. In 2016, it has a bit more Cabernet Sauvignon than Merlot, yet it remains quite understated in style. Grilled herbs, smoke, leather and tobacco infuse the delicate, lilting finish in this attractive, midweight Saint-Estèphe." 4/17

Vintages

  • 2016

+ Vintage
Color: Red
Variety: Bordeaux Blend
  • + My Wines

    My Wines

    Save in My Wines

    Add to Wishlist

    My Cellar

  • List It
  • Add Review
0 5 0.5
Average Rating Rate It Add
Chateau Cos d'Estournel:
Born in 1762 during the reign of Louis XV and died in 1853 under Napoleon III, at the remarkable age of 91, Louis Gaspard d'Estournel had one sole passion: Cos. Having inherited a few vines near the village of Cos, he recognized, in 1811, the quality of their wine and decided to vinify them separately.

93-95 Points, Wine Enthusiast: "The tannins are really deceptive in this wine. It is sumptuous and elegant at the same time. The black currant fruit and acidity are a foil for the powerful tannic structure. Balanced and rich in fruit, it is ready for some serious, but not too long, aging." 4/17 93-94 Points, James Suckling: "The brightness and focus to this second wine of Cos are certainly impressive. You can see the quality. Full body, a tight and focused palate and beautiful fruit and density. Ultra-fine tannins. Gorgeous. Sophisticated." 4/17 92 Points, Decanter: "This is a serious wine representing 55% of the overall production, with the other 45% in Cos ('not one drop into a third wine or bulk' says director Aymeric de Gironde). Extremely dark black cassis fruits and graphite show the power of St-Estèphe clays. Fresh, bright and well structured (3.61pH, 65IPT), this is bristling with fruit and silky tannins, and may even close down for a few years. A blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 46.5% Merlot, 3% Petit Verdot and 0.6% Cabernet Franc from vines averaging 35 years old, aged in 30% new oak." 4/17 Antonio Galloni, Vinous: "An attractive second wine, the 2016 Les Pagodes de Cos is built on finesse and nuance rather than power. Silky and gracious from the outset, the Pagodes is quite expressive today. In 2016, it has a bit more Cabernet Sauvignon than Merlot, yet it remains quite understated in style. Grilled herbs, smoke, leather and tobacco infuse the delicate, lilting finish in this attractive, midweight Saint-Estèphe." 4/17

Photos

+ Add Image

Best Wine Deals

See More Deals






Snooth Media Network