+ Add Critic Score

Submit a Critic Score

Score:

Name of Critic:

Close

Innocent Bystander Chardonnay Yarra Valley 2009

Winemaker's Notes:

Founded in 2004 by Phil Sexton, Innocent Bystander is a Yarra Valley based estate producing Pinot Noir and Chardonnay alongside several other emerging varietals and blends. Located in Healesville, the winery is an exercise in function over form, much like the strongly expressed views of its owners and winemaking team: "Make great wine for drinking and enjoying; not crowing over". The fruit for the Innocent Bystander wines is sourced from vineyards in the Yarra Valley as well as selected vineyards throughout Victoria. Fruit was selected from five different vineyards in the Yarra Valley: Griffiths, Lone Star, Gladysdale, Butchers Block and Applejack. 54% of the fruit for this Chardonnay came from vineyards in the Yarra Valley, Sexton, Tarraford and Artur‘s Creek vineyards. The remaining 46% came from the Quarry Ridge vineyards in Port Philip. Harvest took place in mid to late February when the fruit was fully ripe with good acidity and fresh fruit flavours.A fantastic Chardonnay to pair with thai dishes, creamy sauces and stir frys. The resulting wine is bright golden in colour with aromas of lemon sorbet, dried mango, fresh figs and white peach. Juicy on the nose with touches of cashew and meringue. The palate is tight with steely mineral notes and flavours of dried pineapple. Soft tannins and a supple, rich texture with good length and a creamy oak finish.

  • + My Wines

    My Wines

    Save in My Wines

    Add to Wishlist

    My Cellar

  • List It
  • Add Review
0 5 0.5
Average Rating Rate It Add
Innocent Bystander:
An experienced vigneron counting over 20 years in the Australian wine industry, Phil Sexton relocated from the warm, coastal region of Margaret River to the gravelly slopes of Victoria’s Yarra Valley in the late 1990s to pursue cool climate viticulture. Beyond the pristine Chardonnay and Pinot Noir he was able to produce in the Valley, Phil discovered a number of vineyards in far flung corners ... Read more
An experienced vigneron counting over 20 years in the Australian wine industry, Phil Sexton relocated from the warm, coastal region of Margaret River to the gravelly slopes of Victoria’s Yarra Valley in the late 1990s to pursue cool climate viticulture. Beyond the pristine Chardonnay and Pinot Noir he was able to produce in the Valley, Phil discovered a number of vineyards in far flung corners of Victoria that inspired him to explore regional diversity in this small state. Thus the Innocent Bystander label was created, and his talented winemaking team tasked with delivering a range of wines with a personality all their own: distinctly regional, varietally expressive and definitely not your run of the mill blends. Read less

Founded in 2004 by Phil Sexton, Innocent Bystander is a Yarra Valley based estate producing Pinot Noir and Chardonnay alongside several other emerging varietals and blends. Located in Healesville, the winery is an exercise in function over form, much like the strongly expressed views of its owners and winemaking team: "Make great wine for drinking and enjoying; not crowing over". The fruit for the Innocent Bystander wines is sourced from vineyards in the Yarra Valley as well as selected vineyards throughout Victoria. Fruit was selected from five different vineyards in the Yarra Valley: Griffiths, Lone Star, Gladysdale, Butchers Block and Applejack. 54% of the fruit for this Chardonnay came from vineyards in the Yarra Valley, Sexton, Tarraford and Artur‘s Creek vineyards. The remaining 46% came from the Quarry Ridge vineyards in Port Philip. Harvest took place in mid to late February when the fruit was fully ripe with good acidity and fresh fruit flavours.A fantastic Chardonnay to pair with thai dishes, creamy sauces and stir frys. The resulting wine is bright golden in colour with aromas of lemon sorbet, dried mango, fresh figs and white peach. Juicy on the nose with touches of cashew and meringue. The palate is tight with steely mineral notes and flavours of dried pineapple. Soft tannins and a supple, rich texture with good length and a creamy oak finish.

Photos

+ Add Image

Best Wine Deals

See More Deals

Chardonnay Top Lists







Snooth Media Network