+ Add Critic Score

Submit a Critic Score

Score:

Name of Critic:

Close

Groth Sauvignon Blanc Napa Valley 2010

Winemaker's Notes:

Our 2010 Sauvignon Blanc was produced from grapes grown in various microclimates of the Napa Valley. The warmer Napa Valley microclimates give us grapes that result in wines with a lush, full melon/citrus character in the aroma and in the flavor. The cooler Napa Valley fruit provides a solid, crisp backbone that gives the wine an exciting liveliness that balances the rich creaminess from "sur lie" aging.

3 5 0.5
Average Rating Rate It Add
Groth Vineyards & Winery:
Groth Vineyards is located in the Oakville Appellation in Napa Valley. Browse our site to learn more about our winery, and wines. You can schedule a tour & tasting, join our wine club, and buy wine directly through our Web site. We are looking forward to sharing our exceptional wines and hosting you at our estate winery.

Member Reviews for Groth Sauvignon Blanc Napa Valley

Add your review
Snooth User: Kyle Graynor
4557977,445
3.00 5
07/13/2011

Immediately hot, with little to balance it out. A bit buttery and creamy. Hard to drink alone.


Snooth User: rar8888
1580261,286
3.00 5
06/07/2012

I liked this wine better than my wife. It was full of acidity and went very well with pasta.


Snooth User: rkoehl
132930529
0.00 5
08/06/2013

like it


External Reviews for Groth Sauvignon Blanc Napa Valley

External Review
Source: Premium Wine & Spirits
01/03/2012

Groth Sauvignon Blancis produced from grapes grown in various microclimates of the Napa Valley. The warmer Napa Valley microclimates yield grapes that result in wines with a lush, full melon/citrus character in the aroma and in the flavor. The cooler Napa Valley fruit provides a solid, crisp backbone that gives the wine an exciting liveliness that balances the rich creaminess from ldquo;sur lierdquo; aging.


External Review
Source: JJ Buckley Fine Wines
07/06/2011

A Sauvignon Blanc wine from California in USA. 2010 Groth Sauvignon Blanc 750ml


External Review
Source: Premium Wine & Spirits
01/03/2012

70% of the Groth sauvignon blanc is aged ldquo;sur lie,rdquo; giving the wine added depth and structure. The remaining 30% was aged in stainless steel, preserving the acidity and fruit. The resulting wine is rich and complex, but still crisp and clean. Enjoy well-chilled with Caesar salad, poached fish or pastries with goat cheese.


External Review
Source: Premium Wine & Spirits
09/27/2011

Smooth and ripe with tangy acidity and racy acidity; spicy, long and balanced, lively and stylish.


External Review
10/24/2011

Our 2010 Sauvignon Blanc was produced from grapes grown in various microclimates of the Napa Valley. The warmer Napa Valley microclimates give us grapes that result in wines with a lush, full melon/citrus character in the aroma and in the flavor. The cooler Napa Valley fruit provides a solid, crisp backbone that gives the wine an exciting liveliness that balances the rich creaminess from "sur lie" aging. - Winery


External Review
Source: Premium Wine & Spirits
05/22/2011

This is quite a delicious Sauvignon, notable for its balance and elegance. Everything is understated, like fine tailoring. The flavors are food-friendly citrus zest, lemondrop, figs, melons and spicy green apples, and the finish totally dry.


External Review
Source: Premium Wine & Spirits
09/27/2011

A few moments of air peel back the fleshiness of this Sauvignon to reveal a frisky, firm and refreshing white. The fruit has a peaches-and-cream richness, along with a structure that seems to carry the flavor of the earth. Clean and brisk, this makes a great accompaniment to a light and creamy crab stew.


1 2


All Prices

Shipping to:

Our 2010 Sauvignon Blanc was produced from grapes grown in various microclimates of the Napa Valley. The warmer Napa Valley microclimates give us grapes that result in wines with a lush, full melon/citrus character in the aroma and in the flavor. The cooler Napa Valley fruit provides a solid, crisp backbone that gives the wine an exciting liveliness that balances the rich creaminess from "sur lie" aging.

Best Wine Deals

See More Deals






Snooth Media Network