+ Add Critic Score

Submit a Critic Score

Score:

Name of Critic:

Close
Crown Wine & Spirits USD 19.99 750ml

Freakshow Cabernet Sauvignon 2016

Member Review by puhnner:

A surprise, first whiff of almost spoiled vinegar, then boom, lush deep jam flavors with long intense finish of chocolate and smoke.

Add winemaker's notes
  • + My Wines

    My Wines

    Save in My Wines

    Add to Wishlist

    My Cellar

  • List It
  • Add Review
3.705625 5 0.5
Average Rating Rate It Add

Member Reviews for Freakshow Cabernet Sauvignon

Add your review
Snooth User: puhnner
1534072,527
4.50 5
Vintage: 2012 09/15/2014

A surprise, first whiff of almost spoiled vinegar, then boom, lush deep jam flavors with long intense finish of chocolate and smoke.


Snooth User: joerav
118857931
4.00 5
Vintage: 2009 02/15/2013

Like this one a lot!


Snooth User: sanadler
212185186
4.00 5
Vintage: 2009 02/23/2013

Four glasses


External Reviews for Freakshow Cabernet Sauvignon

External Review
Vintage: 2012 01/13/2015

The real glories here are the red wines, and the 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon Freakshow (110,000 cases) is a major sleeper in the Cabernet Sauvignon category. Made from 100% Cabernet Sauvignon grown in the backwaters of Lodi, and sporting an incredible label that reminds me of the Beatles’ Sargent Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album cover. In this case it’s a true freak show. This delicious, dense purple-colored wine possesses plenty of crème de cassis, licorice, spice box and cedar notes in a medium- to full-bodied, supple, explosively fruity, fruit-bomb style. Drink this delicious Cabernet over the next 5–6 years, although I would not be surprised to see it last even longer in a cold cellar.


External Review
Vintage: 2012 04/18/2015

Heavy aromas and flavors of oak and smoke accompany ripe black cherry and boysenberry for a rich mixture. This wine is deeply colored, full bodied and pumped up with the flavors of heavily toasted oak. A firm but not harsh texture accompanies the almost sweet taste of all that oak.


External Review
Vintage: 2012 01/13/2015

Those of you who are familiar with other Michael-David wines such as 7 Deadly Zins and Earthquake may not be totally surprised by the name or label on the bottle of this wine. But what might be a surprise is the taste. This is not a traditional Cab, even though 90% of the wine is made up of the grape. The rest is Petite Sirah, and that 10% makes this wine a, well… Freakshow (in a good way of course), with strong smoky notes of oak and spices with vanilla and a hint of black pepper. There is also plenty of dark cherry and blackberry jam.


External Review
Vintage: 2012 02/25/2015

TASTING NOTES: This wine is FREAKing amazing! Over each vintage, the intensity has been kicked up exponentially. This 4th incarnation has more of everything…more depth, more ripe fruit, more pizazz! Nicely balanced with fruit (pomegranate) and oak (showing some smoke). Warning—it’s gulpable! - Winery APPELLATION: Lodi COMPOSITION: Cabernet Sauvignon with some Petite Sirah blended in BARREL AGING: 14 months in French oak T.A.: 0.61g/100ml pH: 3.61 ALC. BY VOL.: 14.5%


External Review
Vintage: 2010 02/01/2013

Surprisingly nimble and elegant, showing great balance, strength, and poise. This Cabernet has a bouquet of dark cherry and roasted spices. Full bodied and mouth filling with gobs of black currant, blackberry, charred oak, vanilla and cassis. Mild tannins with a mellow, long finish.



All Prices

Shipping to:


Best Wine Deals

See More Deals

Cabernet Sauvignon Top Lists







Snooth Media Network