Excelsior Chardonnay 2009

Previously available for: $11.11
3 5 0.5
Add
10 reviews
+My Wines

My Wines

Save in My Wines

Add to Wishlist

My Cellar

List It
Edit

Winemaker's Notes:

This crisp, mouthwatering bottling is a blend of Excelsior’s three best Chardonnay blocks. It displays lively flavors...

Read more...
  • SN: 85

    Snooth Editorial Score

    85

    Close
  • WE: 89

    Wine Enthusiast Score

    89

    Close
  • + Wine critic

    Submit a Critic Score

    Score:

    Name of Critic:

    Close

Low keyed on the nose with sweet bubblegum tones over a bed of lightly spicy pear fruit. This enters the mouth with a creamy edge then gains some ... Read more

This lively Chardonnay starts with lemon, lime and pear on the nose, followed by a terrific combination of crisp citrus fruit and oaky, white fruit... Read more

Pale yellow. Citrus peel on the nose. Sweet and juicy, with ripe acidity framing the citrus and nectarine flavors. Boasts good intensity and variet... Read more

Set your rating:
Save

Examples: Value Wine, Would Recommend, For the Cellar, Etc...

Editorial Reviews for Excelsior Chardonnay

Snooth User: Gregory Dal Piaz
89065184,209
3.00 5
06/29/2010

Low keyed on the nose with sweet bubblegum tones over a bed of lightly spicy pear fruit. This enters the mouth with a creamy edge then gains some nice tension on the mid-palate. It’s showing some nice wood spice tones but they float under the lightly creamy, orange and almost syrupy peach fruit of the mid-palate. The finish is light and reveals a bit more vanilla toned oak influence paired with nice, vibrant and refreshing green apple acids. 85pts


User Reviews for Excelsior Chardonnay

External Reviews for Excelsior Chardonnay

External Review
Source: Prime Wine & Spirits
05/23/2011

This lively Chardonnay starts with lemon, lime and pear on the nose, followed by a terrific combination of crisp citrus fruit and oaky, white fruit roundness. Elegant but fun, it's a perfect food wine. Think spicy ethnic cuisine, grilled seafood, salads. Imported by Cape Classics.


External Review
Source: Prime Wine & Spirits
06/22/2011

Pale yellow. Citrus peel on the nose. Sweet and juicy, with ripe acidity framing the citrus and nectarine flavors. Boasts good intensity and varietal character. Finishes with hints of pineapple and crystallized lemon peel.


External Review
Source: ONLINEWEINKELLER.de
03/30/2010

Chardonnay 2009 - Excelsior : Chardonnay 2009 - Weißwein von Excelsior EstateDieser Wein wirkt sehr authentisch, klar und ehrlich in seinen Aromen. Ein lichtes, zartes Limonengrün schimmert im Glas und das köstliche Bukett aus Orangenmarmelade, Pfirsichen und Orangenblüten verwöhnt die Nase. Den Gaumen beleben die fruchtigen Noten von knackigen Äpfeln. Der Chardonnay 2009 von Excelsior Estate präsentiert zur sahnig-cremigen und gaumenfüllenden Struktur eine erquickende Säure. Mit einem durchaus kräftigen Körper und intensiven Aromen ist er ein herrlicher Begleiter von Fischgerichten und Meeresfrüchten oder leicht gewürztem Huhn auf thailändische Art. Sein frisches Finale unterstreicht noch einmal die Lebendikeit dieses Chardonnay.Weingut: Excelsior EstateLand: SüdafrikaRegion: RobertsonRebsorte: 100% ChardonnayInhalt: 0,75 lAlkoholgehalt: 14,25 Vol.%Säuregehalt: 6,5 g/lRestsüße: 6,0 g/lLagerfähgikeit: 1-2 Jahre ab JahrgangEmpfohlene Serviertemperatur: 6-8°C Weißwein > Südafrika > Robertson


External Review
Source: Prime Wine & Spirits
05/23/2011

On the light side, with pear and flint notes, and a touch of lime on the crisp finish. Refreshing. Nice value.


External Review
Source: Prime Wine & Spirits
05/23/2011

Throughout this wine is an herbiness typical to South African wines. In this case, the herbal notes are offset by toast, cream, peach and lemon. This has very good body, finishing with intense fruit.


External Review
Source: ONLINEWEINKELLER.de
02/25/2010

Excelsior Chardonnay 2009: Empfohlene Serviertemperatur: 6-8°C, lagerfähig 1 - 2 Jahre ab Jahrgang,Jahrgang: 2009Inhalt: 0,75 LRegion: RobertsonWeingut: Excelsior EstateRebsorte: 100% Chardonnay Restzucker: 6 g/LiterRestsäure: 6,5 g/LiterAlkoholgehalt: 14,25 % Weißwein


External Review
03/28/2010

Bright lime green hue. Hints of peach, marmalade and orange blossom on the nose. Green apple fruit flavours on a full creamy palate. Calling Card: Only very lightly oaked for everyday drinking.


1 2

Winemaker's Notes:

This crisp, mouthwatering bottling is a blend of Excelsior’s three best Chardonnay blocks. It displays lively flavors of green apple, citrus, and pineapple on a full, creamy palate. Hints of orange blossom and mineral and delicate toasty notes round out the package in this versatile and accessible everyday value. 75% of the wine was fermented in stainless steel tanks for 14 days, and the remaining 25% was fermented and aged on its lees in French oak.

This crisp, mouthwatering bottling is a blend of Excelsior’s three best Chardonnay blocks. It displays lively flavors of green apple, citrus, and pineapple on a full, creamy palate. Hints of orange blossom and mineral and delicate toasty notes round out the package in this versatile and accessible everyday value. 75% of the wine was fermented in stainless steel tanks for 14 days, and the remaining 25% was fermented and aged on its lees in French oak.

Photos

+ Add Image

1 2


Best Wine Deals

See More Deals »

Chardonnay Top Lists








Snooth Media Network