+ Add Critic Score

Submit a Critic Score

Score:

Name of Critic:

Close
Slurp.co.uk GBP 17.95 750ml
USD $

Cullen Mangan Vineyard Sauvignon/Semillon 2014

Winemaker's Notes:

Cullen’s 28 hectares of vineyards are located in the Margaret River, an area renowned for producing wines of character and depth. The grapes for this wine come from the subregion of Wilyabrup. Cullen Wines became the first carbon neutral winery and vineyard in Australia. The estate vineyard was certified Organic ‘A’ grade in 2003 and Biodynamic ‘A’ grade in 2004 by the Biological Farmers Association of Australia. All grapes were hand-harvested and sorted before crushing. 28% of the wine was fermented with wild yeasts in French oak. The wine was matured for four months in that oak and then blended with the remaining 72% of the wine and bottled soon after. The bouquet combines very intense lifted aromatic lime, feijoa and green pineapple aromas. Rich and flavoursome, the palate is a blend of paw paw, lime and nougat with a touch of spice. The good acid ensures that the finish is delightfully crisp. Delicious!

  • + My Wines

    My Wines

    Save in My Wines

    Add to Wishlist

    My Cellar

  • List It
  • Add Review
0 5 0.5
Average Rating Rate It Add
Cullen Wines:
In the early 1960's detailed climatic studies of various regions in Southwestern Australia revealed that during the winegrowing season, Margaret River's climate was similar to that of Bordeaux, particularly Pomerol. The conclusion that Margaret River was ideal for viticulture was first tested in Wilyabrup in 1966, when Diana and Kevin Cullen planted a trial acre of vines. The encouraging result... Read more
In the early 1960's detailed climatic studies of various regions in Southwestern Australia revealed that during the winegrowing season, Margaret River's climate was similar to that of Bordeaux, particularly Pomerol. The conclusion that Margaret River was ideal for viticulture was first tested in Wilyabrup in 1966, when Diana and Kevin Cullen planted a trial acre of vines. The encouraging results led to the couple planting 18 acres of vines on their sheep and cattle farm in 1971. Cullen Wines while remaining family owned has since evolved making quality wine from biodynamically grown grapes sourced exclusively from The Cullen Estate Vineyard and Mangan Vineyard. Read less

All Prices

Shipping to:

Cullen’s 28 hectares of vineyards are located in the Margaret River, an area renowned for producing wines of character and depth. The grapes for this wine come from the subregion of Wilyabrup. Cullen Wines became the first carbon neutral winery and vineyard in Australia. The estate vineyard was certified Organic ‘A’ grade in 2003 and Biodynamic ‘A’ grade in 2004 by the Biological Farmers Association of Australia. All grapes were hand-harvested and sorted before crushing. 28% of the wine was fermented with wild yeasts in French oak. The wine was matured for four months in that oak and then blended with the remaining 72% of the wine and bottled soon after. The bouquet combines very intense lifted aromatic lime, feijoa and green pineapple aromas. Rich and flavoursome, the palate is a blend of paw paw, lime and nougat with a touch of spice. The good acid ensures that the finish is delightfully crisp. Delicious!

Photos

+ Add Image

Dietary Information: Organic


Best Wine Deals

  • $34.95
    30% off
    Delas Frères Syrah St. Joseph Cuvée Francois de Tournon
    Delas Frères Syrah St. Joseph Cuvée Francois de Tournon 2006
  • $17.61
    17% off
    Darcie Kent Vineyards Grüner Veltliner Monterey Rava Blackjack Vineyard
    Darcie Kent Vineyards Grüner Veltliner Monterey Rava Blackjack Vineyard 2011
See More Deals






Snooth Media Network