Add a vintage
"The dark ruby/plum 2009 Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee Mon Aieul (in most years a blend of 95 to nearly 100% Grenache, ag...Read more...
- There are currently no submitted critic scores.
Submit a Critic ScoreClose
Food Pairings for Chateauneuf du Pape Mon Aieul Pierre Usseglio 94 Rr
"The dark ruby/plum 2009 Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee Mon Aieul (in most years a blend of 95 to nearly 100% Grenache, aged 90% in cement tanks and the remaining 10% in demi-muids) is seductive and concentrated, with loads of plum, fig, blueberry and bouquet garni notes. With its lush, heady mouthfeel, full body, real opulence and silkiness, and some spice, this wine is on a relatively fast evolutionary track...92+" WA 10/11 "Showing much more evolved and open from bottle than barrel, the 2009 Domaine Pierre Usseglio & Fils Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée de mon Aïeul is 100% Grenache (from the lieux-dits Les Serres, La Crau, & Guigasse) that‟s aged 70% in tank, 30% in 300-liter demi-muid, and the rest in larger 600-liter barrels, with no new oak used. It shows a semi-opaque color to go with intensely perfumed aromas of sweet raspberries, kirsch, garrigue, licorice, and floral nuances on the nose. Medium to full-bodied on the palate, the wine lacks the density and depth of a top vintage, but still possesses a powerful, seamless texture, beautiful balance, and a very long finish where the tannins are silky and fine- grained. This should be given 2-4 years in the cellar, at which point it should have 10-15 years or evolution...94" RR 09/11 "Restrained bouquet of stewed red fruit, creamy oak, black pepper and crème brûlée. A well-made wine with soft, creamy, jammy notes. Lovely, integrated, ripe Grenache fruit...4 Stars" Decanter 1/12
Top Châteauneuf-du. Lists
Best Wine Deals
Armani Pinot Grigio Valdadige DOC Vigneto Corvara (2011)Wishlisted
Seven Hills Pinot Gris (2012)Wishlisted
Alexana Pinot Gris Revana Vineyard (2011)Wishlisted
King Estate Pinot Gris (2008)Wishlisted
Seghesio Old Vine Zin Sonoma County (2008)Wishlisted
Innocent Bystander Victoria Pinot Gris (2009)Wishlisted
Feudi di San Gregorio Primitivo di Manduria (2010)Reviewed