Chateau Ste. Michelle Merlot Columbia Valley Ethos Reserve 2008
■ Ripe grapes were destemmed and inoculated with various strains of yeast to maximize complexity. ■Daily gentle pumpovers were used to extract optimal ﬂ avor and color and minimize harsh tannins. The pumpovers can vary by block, tank and day of fermentation. Every ferment is tasted every day to evaluate the evolution of the tannins, modify extraction techniques and ﬁ nd the right moment to drain the wine off of its skins. ■ Aged for 18 months in French (56%) and American (7%) oak, 63% new.
- Chateau Ste. Michelle Merlot Columbia Valley
- Barnard Griffin Merlot Columbia Valley
- Three Rivers Winery Merlot Columbia Valley
- Chateau Ste. Michelle Canoe Ridge Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Syrah United States Washington Columbia Valley Chateau Ste. Michelle United States
- Stimson Estate Cellars Chateau Ste. Michelle Merlot Washington
Tight nose, still young. Big acid and tannin on the palate. Good fruit, but needs more time to come together. 88 pts. 8/12/11 at Winery
Food Pairings for Chateau Ste. Michelle Merlot Columbia Valley Ethos Reserve
Cold Creek’s 35-year-old vines deliver a big, bold, brooding Merlot. This Merlot is loaded with plum, boysenberry and dark fruit ﬂ avors and hints of dark chocolate and coffee. This our most intense and concentrated Merlot with great ageability.
1,200 cases produced.
|Total Acidity: 0.53 grams per liter|
Best Wine Deals
South Africa must try winesPosted
I'm new to this.Replied
Wine Competition 2015Replied
Super Bowl, Super WineReplied
Wines stored in concrete tanksReplied
Barefoot Cellars P NoirRated
Smoking Loon Pinot Noir (2013)Rated
Smoking Loon Cabernet Sauvignon (2013)Rated
Excelsior Syrah (2011)Rated
Porta Reserve Carmenere (2008)Rated