Château la Gurgue Red Bordeaux Blend Margaux 2003
The history of Château La Gurgue is closely linked to the village of Margaux. Successively, two owners of the vineyard raced for the Town Hall of Margaux and won. The first was a wealthy Portuguese banker, Mr. Peixotto. In 1871, he added to the vineyard some beautiful lands, which were located around the Parish of Margaux. Later, another mayor of Margaux, Mr Camille Lenoir became the owner of Château La Gurgue. He gave his name to the Château and enriched it with some valuable plots surrounded by the vineyard of Château Margaux. They are located at Curton, on the best croups of Margaux. The Château then returned to its original name "La Gurgue", which is a locality of the village. Claire VILLARS LURTON is the architect of this revival. Year after year, she works with the upmost delicacy to express in her wine the unique terroir of Château La Gurgue.
- Château Monbrison Red Bordeaux Blend Margaux Bouquet de Monbrison
- Château Paveil de Luze Red Bordeaux Blend Margaux
- Chateau Labegorce-Zede. Cru Bourgeois Margaux Red France Bottle Chateau Labegorce-Zede Merlot Bottles
- Château Ferrière Red Bordeaux Blend Margaux
- Labégorce-Zédé Ac Frankreich Cru Bourgeois Margaux Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc Petit Verdot Jahrgang Frankreich Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Cabernet Franc Petit Verdot Die Klassischen
Food Pairings for Château la Gurgue Red Bordeaux Blend Margaux
45 000 bottles produced.
Notes: In french oak barrels during 12 months. New ones at 25%.
Best Wine Deals
Cabernet Sauvignon Top Lists
Riscal Tempranillo Vino de la Tierra de Castilla Y Leon Do (2001)Listed
Marques Riscal Anv Gr Reserve (2001)Cellared
Marques de Riscal 150 Aniversario D.o. Rioja Tinto (2001)Cellared
A Salute to Wine in the United KingdomCommented
Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc (2009)Rated
Blackwood Lane Merlot (2010)Reviewed
Barefoot Riesling (2011)Wishlisted
Ozv" Old Zin Vines Lodi Zin (2012)Wishlisted
Urban Carignan (2013)Reviewed