+ Add Critic Score

Submit a Critic Score

Score:

Name of Critic:

Close

Chateau Grande Cassagne 'G.S.' Grenache/Syrah 2009

Member Review by Wolle:

My rating: 87. Nose very well balanced and long. light complexity. Body dry and lean with slight bitter tannins in the finish. For $ 11 a little too expensive.

Add winemaker's notes
Region: France

Vintages


+ Vintage
Color: Red
Varietal: Grenache
  • + My Wines

    My Wines

    Save in My Wines

    Add to Wishlist

    My Cellar

  • List It
  • Add Review
3 5 0.5
Average Rating Rate It Add

Member Reviews for Chateau Grande Cassagne 'G.S.' Grenache/Syrah

Add your review
Snooth User: Wolle
2034221,410
3.00 5
12/28/2010

My rating: 87. Nose very well balanced and long. light complexity. Body dry and lean with slight bitter tannins in the finish. For $ 11 a little too expensive.


External Reviews for Chateau Grande Cassagne 'G.S.' Grenache/Syrah

External Review
Source: Premium Wine & Spirits
01/03/2012

The dark ruby-colored 2001 ldquo;G. S.rdquo; La Civette Costieres de Nimes was produced from Grenache and Syrah harvested at yields under 40 hectoliters per hectare. Garrigue (the scent of sun-roasted herbs prevalent in the South of France) and dark fruits are found in this lovely winersquo;s aromatics. The wine is velvety-textured in the attack. It coats the tasterrsquo;s palate with loads of blackberries before displaying its tight, structured finish. This medium-bodied wine reveals loads of depth as well as a concentrated core of fruit. Projected maturity: 2003ndash;2009.


External Review
Source: Premium Wine & Spirits
01/03/2012

The 1998 Grenache/Syrah blend (60% of the former and 40% of the latter) is fashioned from 45-year old Grenache and 35-year old Syrah vines. The American cuvee, which was bottled unfiltered, represents a tank-fermentd and aged, exuberant, fat Chateauneuf du Pape look-alike. The winersquo;s dark ruby/ purple color is followed by peppery, sweet berry fruit mixed with kirsch and sur-maturite notes. Medium to full-bodied, with explosive fruit, copious glycerin and volume, it has a long, lusty, chewy finish. Drink it over the next 2ndash;3 years, although I suspect it will keep even longer.


External Review
Source: Premium Wine & Spirits
01/03/2012

This blend of 60% Grenache and 40% Syrah from the south of France is a good value. The initially stinky sulfur nose gives way to strawberry and leather flavors on the palate. Strongly flavored but not heavy, this is a great example of what the French are so good at mdash; making wines to go with food, not to serve as showpieces. Open and decant before serving to let the sulfur dissipate.


External Review
Source: Premium Wine & Spirits
01/03/2012

The 2004 GS Costieres de Nimes contains 20% Mourvedre and the remaining 80% is divided equally between Grenache and Syrah. This value displays a nose of roasted herbs and black fruits. Medium-bodied and creamy-textured, it exhibits excellent depth, blackberry as well as brambleberry flavors, and a structured finish. Drink it over the next 2ndash;3 years.


External Review
Source: Premium Wine & Spirits
01/03/2012

The small estate of Grande Cassagne is on the western edge of the Rhocirc;ne Valley near the village of St. Gilles. This unfiltered blend of 60% Grenache and 40% Syrah exhibits the depth and structure of old vines, very concentrated color and authentic richness.


External Review
Source: Prestige Wine & Spirits
09/27/2011

Flavors of sour cherry jam and Mediterranean herbs give this a rustic feel; for a country pâté.


External Review
Source: Premium Wine & Spirits
01/03/2012

Flavors of sour cherry jam and Mediterranean herbs give this a rustic feel; for a country pacirc;teacute;.


1 2



Best Wine Deals

See More Deals

Grenache Top Lists







Snooth Media Network