Casa de Santa Vitoria Red Blend Vinho Regional Alentejano Reserva 2005

Avg Price: $9.98
3.069375 5 0.5
Add
0 reviews
+My Wines

My Wines

Save in My Wines

Add to Wishlist

My Cellar

List It
Edit

Vintages


Add a vintage

Winemaker's Notes:

Tasting Notes: Winemaker: Bernardo Cabral. GREAT BUY 2008 and rated 94 POINTS in Blue Wine Magazine, April 2008. Rate...

Read more...
  • WS: 76

    Wine Spectator Score

    76

    Close
  • + Wine critic

    Submit a Critic Score

    Score:

    Name of Critic:

    Close
Total Beverage, Thornton Colorado
Thornton, CO (1,500 mi)
USD 13.98
750ml
Buy Now
Set your rating:
Save

Examples: Value Wine, Would Recommend, For the Cellar, Etc...

All Prices

Shipping to:

User Reviews for Casa de Santa Vitoria Red Blend Vinho Regional Alentejano Reserva

Winemaker's Notes:

Tasting Notes: Winemaker: Bernardo Cabral. GREAT BUY 2008 and rated 94 POINTS in Blue Wine Magazine, April 2008. Rated 90 POINTS in Vinhos de Portugal 2008 book by Joao Paulo Martins. "The colour is still deep but the aroma has improved immensely, having lost the excess heavy fruit of the previous vintage. Here we have concentration but not over extraction; we have the oak and toast in good form but without hurting the aroma. The palate is good, very fruity and a dark tonality giving it some mystery." by Joao Paulo Martins. Percentage Grape: Touriga Nacional (50%), Cabernet Sauvignon (30%) and Syrah (20%) Soil: Dry and poor shale clay Growing Climate: Mediterranean Vinification Method: Total de-stemming followed by fermentation at 26°C. 50% of the fermentation in special vats with a "pigeaur" robot and the other 50% with traditional foot pressing. Malolactic fermentation process in new French oak casks. Type of Wood: New French oak Alcohol Percentage: 14 % PH: 3,6 Aging Potential: 10 years Aging Time: 13 months in wood and 12 months in bottle Sugar Rate: 0-5 g/l Total Acidity: 5,6 g/l

Tasting Notes: Winemaker: Bernardo Cabral. GREAT BUY 2008 and rated 94 POINTS in Blue Wine Magazine, April 2008. Rated 90 POINTS in Vinhos de Portugal 2008 book by Joao Paulo Martins. "The colour is still deep but the aroma has improved immensely, having lost the excess heavy fruit of the previous vintage. Here we have concentration but not over extraction; we have the oak and toast in good form but without hurting the aroma. The palate is good, very fruity and a dark tonality giving it some mystery." by Joao Paulo Martins. Percentage Grape: Touriga Nacional (50%), Cabernet Sauvignon (30%) and Syrah (20%) Soil: Dry and poor shale clay Growing Climate: Mediterranean Vinification Method: Total de-stemming followed by fermentation at 26°C. 50% of the fermentation in special vats with a "pigeaur" robot and the other 50% with traditional foot pressing. Malolactic fermentation process in new French oak casks. Type of Wood: New French oak Alcohol Percentage: 14 % PH: 3,6 Aging Potential: 10 years Aging Time: 13 months in wood and 12 months in bottle Sugar Rate: 0-5 g/l Total Acidity: 5,6 g/l

Photos for All Vintages

+ Add Image

Best Wine Deals

See More Deals »







Snooth Media Network