Amity Wines USD 88.86 750ml
We Speak Wine USD 71.99 750ml

Cade Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain Napa 2010

Winemaker's Notes:

"Stunning color, great intensity, and balanced mature tannins demonstrating aromas of black cherry, plum, cassis, brown sugar and blackberry compote." --Winemaker's notes

Region: USA » California » Napa » Howell Mountain

Vintages

  • 2010

+ Vintage
Winery: CADE Winery
Color: Red
Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
  • + My Wines

    My Wines

    Save in My Wines

    Add to Wishlist

    My Cellar

  • + List It
  • + Critic Score

    Submit a Critic Score

    Score:

    Name of Critic:

    Close
0 5 0.5
Average Rating Rate It Add
Suggested Recipe Pairing presented by
Coconut Rice Sweet Potato Cheesecake

RiceSelect's creamy Arborio gets blended with sweet potato, coconut milk and vanilla to create this decadent cheesecake. Pairs well with Saunternes; a white dessert wine that has hints of coconut from aging in oak barrels.

View Recipe

External Reviews for Cade Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain Napa

External Review
Source: We Speak Wine
12/17/2014

Tasting Notes: The 2010 vintage on Howell Mountain was a bit cooler than average but still produced wines that are typical of the appellation. This wine has aromas of red cherries, strawberry, brambles, and rose petals. The wine is full bodied with solid structure and tannin and finishes with flavors of cranberry, strawberry jam, allspice, vanilla, clove, coco powder, toasted almonds, and chocolate wafers. - Winery Varietals: 90% Cabernet Sauvignon 10% Merlot VINEYARD NOTES: The CADE Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon is sourced from five vineyards on Howell Mountain, including the CADE Estate Vineyard, Ink Grade Vineyard, Outpost Vineyard, True Vineyard, and Eagle Summit. The cooler 2010 vintage started on October 6th, with fruit from the Ink Grade Vineyard, almost 15 days later thanthe prior year. The last fruit from our Estate Vineyard was harvested on October 26th. FERMENTATION: The majority of the fermentations (~85%) went through a short maceration time between 6-10 days and hot fermentation temperatures, peaking at 95°F. The other 15% of the fruit went through extended maceration on the skins for upwards of 50 days. ÉLEVAGE: 100% free run juice was used with no press fractions blended in. The wine received 20 months barrel aging in 100% French Oak (80% New). Malolactic fermentation occurred in barrel immediately after primary fermentation. The wine was racked quarterly once malolactic fermentation was complete. COOPERAGE: We use several different coopers for the Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon including Taransaud, Sylvain, Nadalie, Darnajou, Ana Selection, Bousset, Ermitage, and Dargaud et Jaegle. Of these coopers we are sourcing the oak from several different forests including Allier, Troncais, and the Center of France. We utilized mostly medium plus and heavy toast for the barrels as well. Production: 179 Barrels Alcohol: 14.8%


External Review
Source: We Speak Wine
09/05/2014

(15.2% alcohol): Good deep ruby-red. Saturated bright ruby. Aromas of cassis, black cherry, espresso and exotic oak on the slightly high-toned nose. Densely packed but also juicy and high-pitched, conveying a primary, youthfully aggressive character to the black cherry and blueberry fruit. Theres a lurking creamy sweetness in the middle palate but this wine will need time to absorb its substantial ripe tannins. Showing more depth than a barrel sample indicated last spring. - Stephen Tanzer 90+ Points Displays the herbal character common to cooler years, dry and taut, with grainy tannins dominating the finish. Best from 2015 through 2025. 4,296 cases made. -JL Tasting Notes:The 2010 vintage on Howell Mountain was a bit cooler than average but still produced wines that are typical of the appellation. This wine has aromas of red cherries, strawberry, brambles, and rose petals. The wine is full bodied with solid structure and tannin and f...


External Review
Source: We Speak Wine
11/04/2014

Tasting Notes:The 2010 vintage on Howell Mountain was a bit cooler than average but still produced wines that are typical of the appellation. This wine has aromas of red cherries, strawberry, brambles, and rose petals. The wine is full bodied with solid structure and tannin and finishes with flavors of cranberry, strawberry jam, allspice, vanilla, clove, coco powder, toasted almonds, and chocolate wafers. - WineryVarietals:90% Cabernet Sauvignon10% MerlotVINEYARD NOTES:The CADE Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon is sourced from five vineyards on Howell Mountain, including the CADE Estate Vineyard, Ink Grade Vineyard, Outpost Vineyard, True Vineyard, and Eagle Summit. The cooler 2010 vintage started on October 6th, with fruit from the Ink Grade Vineyard, almost 15 days later thanthe prior year. The last fruit from our Estate Vineyard was harvested on October 26th. FERMENTATION: The majority of the fermentations (85%) went through a short maceration time between 6-10 days and hot fermentation temperatures, peaking at 95F. The other 15% of the fruit went through extended maceration on the skins for upwards of 50 days.ÉLEVAGE:100% free run juice was used with no press fractions blended in. The wine received 20 months barrel aging in 100% French Oak (80% New). Malolactic fermentation occurred in barrel immediately after primary fermentation. The wine was racked quarterly once malolactic fermentation was complete.COOPERAGE:We use several different coopers for the Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon including Taransaud, Sylvain, Nadalie, Darnajou, Ana Selection, Bousset, Ermitage, and Dargaud et Jaegle. Of these coopers we are sourcing the oak from several different forests including Allier, Troncais, and the Center of France. We utilized mostly medium plus and heavy toast for the barrels as well.Production: 179 BarrelsAlcohol: 14.8%



All Prices

Shipping to:

"Stunning color, great intensity, and balanced mature tannins demonstrating aromas of black cherry, plum, cassis, brown sugar and blackberry compote." --Winemaker's notes

Best Wine Deals

See More Deals »

Cabernet Sauvignon Top Lists








Snooth Media Network