+ Add Critic Score

Submit a Critic Score

Score:

Name of Critic:

Close

Blanquette de Limoux Brut Esprit du Sud NV

Winemaker's Notes:

Terroir: The “Haute Vallée” Terroir is located south of Limoux, near the foothills of the Pyrenees. An altitude of 1000 feet helps preserve the freshness in the grapes. The soil is clay-limestone.

  • + My Wines

    My Wines

    Save in My Wines

    Add to Wishlist

    My Cellar

  • List It
  • Add Review
3 5 0.5
Average Rating Rate It Add
Vignobles Gilles Louvet:
“Leading the way in French organic wines” Located in the Languedoc region in the south of France, Gilles Louvet is dedicated to creating environmentally friendly wines that are both rich in quality and healthy in their production. All wines are certified AB (Agriculture Biologique) in France. Since its creation in 1993, Gilles Louvet Vineyards has become a prominent force in the organic w... Read more
“Leading the way in French organic wines” Located in the Languedoc region in the south of France, Gilles Louvet is dedicated to creating environmentally friendly wines that are both rich in quality and healthy in their production. All wines are certified AB (Agriculture Biologique) in France. Since its creation in 1993, Gilles Louvet Vineyards has become a prominent force in the organic wine world: it is the #1 supplier of certified AB wines in France, and #2 supplier of certified AB wines in Europe. Gilles Louvet himself, founder and owner of the vineyards, has had a passion for organic farming since he observed his grandfather’s practice at a young age. This passion, stemming from a family business grew into am individual lifestyle: he now dedicates all aspects of his life to a natural, untainted way of living. Altogether, Gilles Louvet Vineyards works with 300 winegrowers, getting steady supply from 50 producers and 10 cooperatives wineries, as well as from his newly acquired 170 acre property (Domaine St Felix des Toureilles and Domaine des Iris). The dry and warm Mediterranean climate lends itself perfectly to growing organic grapes and allows Gilles Louvet to rediscover wine as it was made in the past. Using the unique quality of this climate combined with the richness of the soil and the natural resources of biodiversity. Read less

Member Reviews for Blanquette de Limoux Brut Esprit du Sud

Add your review
Snooth User: skimvin
358403301
3.00 5
02/28/2010

12% alcohol, good value sparkler; main grape is Mauzac (90%) with Chardonnay making up the remaining 10%. Has a noticeable apple-peel tartness.


Snooth User: Laura Bret
331855129
0.00 5
04/20/2011

Racy, marked by its terroir by a typical taste of a plant community, its maturity expresses itself with notes of honey from acacia trees. Well structured in mouth but staying unctuous. The finish is fresh and elegant with notes of mint. Serving Suggestions: Enjoy at 43 - 47 °F as an appetizer or during a meal with grilled fish, or cheese and for dessert with an apple pie

User Tags:

good value

Snooth User: Laura Bret
331855129

External Reviews for Blanquette de Limoux Brut Esprit du Sud

External Review
Source: Astor Wines & Spirits
06/16/2010

Blanquette de Limoux is a sparkling wine that some claim was around before Champagne was ever made. Whether that's true or not, you'll enjoy this sparkler for all it has to offer: smoky and floral aromas, pearly bubbles, and a nice dry finish.


External Review
Source: Astor Wines & Spirits
07/12/2009

Blanquette de Limoux is a sparkling wine that some claim was even around before the production of Champagne. Either way, you'll enjoy this sparkler for all it has to offer: smoky and floral aromas, pearly bubbles - all with a dry finish.



Tasting Notes:

Racy, marked by its terroir by a typical taste of “garrigue”, its maturity expresses itself with notes of honey from acacia trees. Well structured in mouth but staying unctuous. The final is fresh and elegant with menthol notes.

Terroir: The “Haute Vallée” Terroir is located south of Limoux, near the foothills of the Pyrenees. An altitude of 1000 feet helps preserve the freshness in the grapes. The soil is clay-limestone.

Photos

+ Add Image

Dietary Information: Organic

Closure: Cork

Wine Specs:

Alcohol: 12.5%
Sugar: 8 grams per liter

Best Wine Deals

See More Deals






Snooth Media Network