Pale gold in color with a fine mousse, the Brut Majeur is aromatic on the nose. On the palate, it is well balanced an...Read more...
Food Pairings for Ayala Champagne Blend Champagne Brut Majeur
Bone dry and highly acidic. This wine desperately needs to be drunk with food.
Such an amazing Champagne, clean taste. Very elegant.
Good, fresh minerality. Very nice! 94 pts. -Wine Spectator Grand Tour 2012
This is what those oysters-on-the half-shell are screaming for! Bright, zippy and cool, bare elegance. The nose is one of verve and delineated chalk, green pear and lemon pith. A bone-dry, clear-as-a bell mouth of grapefruit, green apple granita and lemon sorbet cleanse and titillate the mouth and the finish is the cleanest and most refreshing you will encounter.
External Reviews for Ayala Champagne Blend Champagne Brut Majeur
Bright yellow-gold. Pungent aromas of baked apple, pear skin, toasted nuts and brown spices. Rich and fleshy, offering palate-coating orchard fruit flavors and notes of allspice, herbs and toasty lees. Nicely blends sweetness and spiciness but finishes a bit abruptly, with an echo of dusty minerals.
Bright citrus notes dominate initially, but give way to smooth toasty elements and ripe stone fruit flavors. Medium-bodied with tiny bubbles, the Ayala is a great value in true French Champagne. Not just for toasts, you can also drink this with party foods (pretzels, cheese platters, popcorn), grilled fish, or creamy pasta dishes.
Lush red apple flavors and cool, leesy mineral character combine in this clean, full-bodied Champagne. Its gentle, slightly sweet fruit will match crab.
WS 92 Pts - #77 on Wine Spectators Top 100 Wines of 2011 - Winemaker Notes - Now in the ownership of the Bollinger Champagne House comes Ayala Brut Majeur Champagne. Pale gold in colour with a fine mousse. This wine is rich and aromatic on the nose
Pale gold. Musky citrus pith and pear skin aromas are complicated by sweet butter, cherry pit and dried flowers. Rich and creamy on entry, then very firm and dry in the mid-palate, offering tangy lemon curd and orange zest flavors and subtle chalkiness. Finishes firm and long, repeating the citrus zest note.
Bright yellow-gold. Pungent aromas of baked apple pear skin toasted nuts and brown spices. Rich and fleshy offering palate-coating orchard fruit flavors and notes of allspice herbs and toasty lees. Nicely blends sweetness and spiciness but finishes a bit abruptly with an echo of dusty minerals.
Ayala, owned by Bollinger Champagne sine 2005 but operated independently, offers excellent value with this Brut NV, sourcing grapes almost entirely from grands cru even though it’s their most widely available bottling. Its overall quality can be attributed to the fact that chef de cave Nicolas Klym focused on the outstanding 2008 vintage for 80 percent of the blend. The remaining 20 percent is composed of reserve wine from the 2007 vintage.
AGEING More than 2.5 years on the lees. After disgorgement, the Brut Majeur rests in the cellars for at least another 3 months.
Pale gold in color with a fine mousse, the Brut Majeur is aromatic on the nose. On the palate, it is well balanced and shows great style and complexity. Pinot Noir gives the wine richness and a long finish while Chardonnay, from the finest soils of the Côte des Blancs, adds delicacy, liveliness and freshness. Pinot Meunier, predominantly from the Marne Valley, gives the wine its appealing fruitiness and roundness.
41,665 cases made produced.
Notes: 30 months ageing on the lees.
|Sugar: 8.5 grams per liter||Total Acidity: 4.6 grams per liter|
Best Wine Deals
Pinot Noir Top Lists
Sweet Bitch Moscato Rose Aconcagua Valley (2013)Wishlisted
Graham's "Six Grapes" Port Port (NV)Wishlisted
Graham's Port Six Grapes Reserve (2010)Wishlisted
Florio Marsala Wine Sweet 375Wishlisted
Claar Cellars Late Harvest Riesling (2010)Listed
Twisted River Late Harvest Riesling Riesling Germany Mosel Saar Ruwer White (2009)Listed
Twisted River Late Harvest Riesling (2012)Listed
Twisted River Riesling Late-Harvest Bin 488 (2011)Listed
Twisted River Late Harvest Riesling Sweet (2006)Listed
Cloudy Bay Riesling Late Harvest (2010)Wishlisted