+ Add Critic Score

Submit a Critic Score

Score:

Name of Critic:

Close
Merwin Liquors USD 21.99 750ml
Total Wine & More USD 17.99 750ml

Altesino Rosso di Altesino 2010

Member Review by Bob Fyke:

From a well known Brunello producer, this is their "Super-Tuscan" red. The nose starts off with some bite, and a little acridity, although not unpleasantly so. There's plenty of dark fruit there as well, primarily blackberry, with a little violet, and firm flinty notes underneath. The palate presents with a smooth texture, and pleasing fragrant wood notes, along with charred black cherry and mineral earth. The acidity plays a lesser role, behind the fairly extracted fruit and dense, fine grained, texture. Later, a clear Bordeaux-like nose begins to develop, with cedar, pencil shavings, and some ink. There was also a subtle hint of spearmint late on the nose. Quite firm in its nature, but satisfying, and resilient, for the duration of the bottle. Rather, this is an I.G.T. wine made of 80% Sangiovese, with Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot comprising the other 20%.

Add winemaker's notes
Region: Italy
Winery: Altesino
Color: Red
Varietal: Sangiovese
  • + My Wines

    My Wines

    Save in My Wines

    Add to Wishlist

    My Cellar

  • List It
  • Add Review
3.35 5 0.5
Average Rating Rate It Add
Altesino:
Altesino’s fascinating ageing cellars are situated within the historic walls of Palazzo Altesi, while advanced technical facilities for processes such as fermentation, ageing and bottling are located in a building set into the side of the hill overlooking the vineyards. Altesino has always been dedicated to producing top quality wines, which is why so much attention is devoted to every... Read more
Altesino’s fascinating ageing cellars are situated within the historic walls of Palazzo Altesi, while advanced technical facilities for processes such as fermentation, ageing and bottling are located in a building set into the side of the hill overlooking the vineyards. Altesino has always been dedicated to producing top quality wines, which is why so much attention is devoted to every single detail at every stage in production, marketing, communications and image. Read less

Member Reviews for Altesino Rosso di Altesino

Add your review
Snooth User: Bob Fyke
14138949,292
3.50 5
12/09/2013

From a well known Brunello producer, this is their "Super-Tuscan" red. The nose starts off with some bite, and a little acridity, although not unpleasantly so. There's plenty of dark fruit there as well, primarily blackberry, with a little violet, and firm flinty notes underneath. The palate presents with a smooth texture, and pleasing fragrant wood notes, along with charred black cherry and mineral earth. The acidity plays a lesser role, behind the fairly extracted fruit and dense, fine grained, texture. Later, a clear Bordeaux-like nose begins to develop, with cedar, pencil shavings, and some ink. There was also a subtle hint of spearmint late on the nose. Quite firm in its nature, but satisfying, and resilient, for the duration of the bottle. Rather, this is an I.G.T. wine made of 80% Sangiovese, with Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot comprising the other 20%.



All Prices

Shipping to:


Best Wine Deals

See More Deals

Sangiovese Top Lists







Snooth Media Network