Alta Vista Chardonnay 2011

Avg Price: $13.99
3 5 0.5
Add
4 reviews
+My Wines

My Wines

Save in My Wines

Add to Wishlist

My Cellar

List It
Edit
  • There are currently no submitted critic scores.
  • + Wine critic

    Submit a Critic Score

    Score:

    Name of Critic:

    Close

Good chardonnay for someone like me who tends to stay away from them. The oak was not the major player here. It gave it some heft but didn't weigh ... Read more

yellowish clear color, smells of underbrush and fall leaves, not very fruity, full of flowers and body, clean and wet finish, buttery against salt.... Read more

With a bright yellow color and greenish tones, this is a fresh and lively wine, with an aroma of tropical fruits and a delicate note of toasted bre... Read more

Set your rating:
Save

Examples: Value Wine, Would Recommend, For the Cellar, Etc...

User Reviews for Alta Vista Chardonnay

Add your review
Snooth User: jasonkauf
32776948
3.00 5
Vintage: 2006 11/13/2008

Good chardonnay for someone like me who tends to stay away from them. The oak was not the major player here. It gave it some heft but didn't weigh it down with vanilla or overplayed wood tones. All I thought of when sipping was golden delicious apples.


Snooth User: rojwilco
30154995
0.00 5
Vintage: 2006 11/16/2009

yellowish clear color, smells of underbrush and fall leaves, not very fruity, full of flowers and body, clean and wet finish, buttery against salt. Pairings: salty chicken or fish, something with olives and a little oil


External Reviews for Alta Vista Chardonnay

External Review
Vintage: 2008 02/27/2010

With a bright yellow color and greenish tones, this is a fresh and lively wine, with an aroma of tropical fruits and a delicate note of toasted bread. We suggest serving it between 9C (48F) and 10C (50F).


External Review
Vintage: 2006 04/07/2009

Alta Vista is one of Argentina's largest family owned wineries; considering themselves "Terroir Expression Winemakers," the d'Aulan family has invested considerable resources into optimal planting practices for their fruit.Their Chardonnay is crafted by a dual fermentaion technique: 30% of the juice is fermented in barrels and undergoes malolactic fermentation and sees time in new oak; the other 70% is fermented entirely in stainless steel. Upon blending, the wine takes on a very developed tone, while retaining the innate quality of the fruit.


Photos for All Vintages

+ Add Image

1 2


Best Wine Deals

See More Deals »

Chardonnay Top Lists








Snooth Media Network