14 Hands Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve 2009

Avg Price: $55.00
0 5 0.5
Add
0 reviews
+My Wines

My Wines

Save in My Wines

Add to Wishlist

My Cellar

List It
Edit

Vintages

  • 2009

Add a vintage

Tasting Notes:

This sturdy Cabernet presents aromas and flavors of ripe dark fruits, bolstered by subtle nuances of cocoa and spice....

Read more...
  • There are currently no submitted critic scores.
  • + Wine critic

    Submit a Critic Score

    Score:

    Name of Critic:

    Close
Nexternal
Multiple Locations
USD 55.00
750ml
Buy Now
Set your rating:
Save

Examples: Value Wine, Would Recommend, For the Cellar, Etc...

All Prices

Shipping to:

User Reviews for 14 Hands Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve

Winemaker's Notes:

90% of the fruit was sourced from very warm sites in the heart of the Horse Heaven Hills. The other 10% was grown under more moderate conditions near the Columbia River. ■Ripe grapes were destemmed and inoculated with various strains of yeast to maximize complexity. ■A twice daily pumpover regime was used to extract color and flavors. ■ When the desired tannin structure was achieved, the wine was drained away from the skins and placed into 80% new French oak barrels and 20% neutral barrels. ■Malolactic fermentation occurred in barrel. ■Racking took place every three months during the two-year aging process. ■Cabernet Franc and Malbec were added to the blend to accentuate fruit characters. ■Each variety was vinified separately, with blending occurring just prior to bottling.

Tasting Notes:

This sturdy Cabernet presents aromas and flavors of ripe dark fruits, bolstered by subtle nuances of cocoa and spice. Its rich flavors lead in to a long, enduring finish.

90% of the fruit was sourced from very warm sites in the heart of the Horse Heaven Hills. The other 10% was grown under more moderate conditions near the Columbia River. ■Ripe grapes were destemmed and inoculated with various strains of yeast to maximize complexity. ■A twice daily pumpover regime was used to extract color and flavors. ■ When the desired tannin structure was achieved, the wine was drained away from the skins and placed into 80% new French oak barrels and 20% neutral barrels. ■Malolactic fermentation occurred in barrel. ■Racking took place every three months during the two-year aging process. ■Cabernet Franc and Malbec were added to the blend to accentuate fruit characters. ■Each variety was vinified separately, with blending occurring just prior to bottling.

Photos for All Vintages

+ Add Image

Chemical Analysis:

Alcohol: 14.5% pH: 3.54
Total Acidity: 0.60 grams per liter

Best Wine Deals

See More Deals »

Cabernet Sauvignon Top Lists








Snooth Media Network