- Reply by Girl Drink Drunk, Dec 23, 2010.
There are too many types of sweet wine to list here. Just a small sampling would include:
Sauternes, including Barsac
Late Harvest _______
BA and TBA
- Reply by wineguider, Dec 23, 2010.
Hi there Wine Help -- my suggestions for your sweet wine tooth are:
1. Chateau Ste. Michelle riesling, under $10, and qualifies as "real wine" in snob circles. (sSweet wines are often disrespected.)
2. Bree riesling, $12 at Total Wine and the sexiest wine bottle you'll ever see.
3. Hob Nob pinot noir, $10 -- doesn't taste like real pinot noir, but it's pretty good and pretty darn sweet
4. Lander Jenkins cabernet sauvignon, $13, not truly "sweet" but sweet for a cab
5. Green Point shiraz, $16, sweet for a shiraz but not truly "sweet"
6. Yellow Tail sparkling white wine, $10 -- it's supposed to suck, but it's good.
7. Martini & Rossi sparkling rose -- $15 -- damn good
8. Bollini pinot grigio - $15 - the best wine on this list, again not actually tootsie-pop sweet but sweet for a pinot grigio and freaking delicious.
Good luck!! - Wineguider (www.wineguider.wordpress.com)