Yes the New Year just happened, its finally 2008. However, I still can't do a teary eyed post on how far we've come. I can, instead, toss out some Snooth stats which are pretty interesting:
- We launched the site on June 4th 2007.
- Since then our traffic has grown between 50 and 100% per month to give us over 300,000 monthly visitors. We're now one of the 5 largest wine sites in the world in traffic.
- We have over 2 million reviews, making us the largest wine site in the world in number of reviews.
- We are the worlds largest wine social network in traffic (unless someone can prove me wrong. I've checked Alexa , Compete and Quantcast ).
- People have visited us from 182 countries. There really aren't too many left: West Guyana is the only one left in the America's. Uzbekistan, Burma/Myanmar and North Korea the only 3 left in Asia. No gaps left in Europe or Australasia and a few in Africa. [Note: I can't see the smallest islands on my map, so can't tell how many visitors from places like St Kitts, Tuvalu etc].
- Whilst the US user base dominates, we're performing increasingly well across the globe. According to Alexa , US users make up 56% of our traffic at the moment (down from 75% 3 months ago).
- We recently raised an additional $1 million in financing.
You'll be seeing a lot more of us in 2008. There's a lot planned. Our team's bigger than before. We'll be picking up the pace and are all looking forward to see what we can do for you over the coming months. Cheers!
Who are we?
- Reply by amour, Jan 15, 2010.
SNOOTH WILL CELEBRATE ITS THIRD BIRTHDAY
ON JUNE 4th 2010.
IT SEEMS A TIME TO CELEBRATE!