- Reply by mcqted, Nov 13, 2011.
go to Vinfolio.com...great auction site
- Reply by dmcker, Nov 14, 2011.
Be prepared to provide all information possible on:
- the condition of the bottle (photos, descriptions of seal and label condition, level, etc.)
- the provenance of the bottle (where and how it's been stored all this while)
And expect a lengthy, and likely frustrating, process. Single bottles are perhaps the hardest sell. It's easier when you have multiples of the same bottle, when you have a range of bottles, when you can guarantee/document a history of good storage, and when you generally have some sort of track record.
Oh yeah, and '68 wasn't the greatest vintage, so recognize another handicap in the process.
My personal view in this sort of circumstance is the best mileage you can get out of such a bottle is to either:
- gift it to someone where that can be significant
- open it on a special occasion with friends or family that can both be significant, and expand your own drinking horizons